3 days left
- Contract Type
Our client, a multi-site Food Manufacturer is looking for a senior QA Manager for their site in Oxfordshire . The incumbent will be the primary Technical decision maker on site, reporting into the Group Head of Technical Services
Heading up a small Quality team, your primary responsibility will be to ensure the effective and efficient day to day running of the Quality Department, focussing on food safety, quality engagement and performance improvement across the business.
Responsibilities will include :
- Working on initiatives with the Operational team to systematically eliminate quality and food safety incidents
- Planning and implementing relevant training requirements, including cover and succession planning.
- Ensuring work on Quality Awareness and Cultural Excellence is fully embedded in the QA team and cascaded throughout the site.
- Leading the site HACCP and Food Defence team, agreeing in-house standards and defining procedures in conjunction with key stakeholders
- Developing and managing a detailed sampling matrix for ingredients, packaging, finished product and equipment
- Attending customer technical meetings, summits and conferences at required intervals and ensure any reports, KPI data or follow-up work is completed.
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Great team management skills – ability to inspire and motivates others to find solutions
- Ability to develop, mentor and upskill the existing team
- Experience of taking the lead role in audits (BRC, Customer Audits etc), ideally you will be a trained internal auditor,
- Proficient in the use of PC, MS office and web-based tools
- Good negotiation skills - able to persuade others to change their way of thinking
- Ability to analyse, interpret and communicate complex data
- Degree or Higher in Food Science or a related subject
- Experience in a senior QA or Technical role within the Bakery sector is required
- Multi-site, well-established International Food Manufacturer
- Demonstrates high integrity, a commitment to excellence and a positive attitude in all that they do.
- Results driven, lead by example, communicates openly and honestly
- Values diversity and fosters long-term relationships.
- Consistently provide products and services that meet or exceed customers’ expectations, through the people and processes that they employ.
If you are someone with a strong Quality Assurance or Technical background within the bakery sector, who is constantly striving to improve upon set targets and objectives then this could be the job for you!
If you are interested, please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4373 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.
Apply for QA Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly