Shift Quality Co-ordinator
- Contract Type
PepsiCo is looking for a Shift Quality Co-ordinator to join our busy manufacturing site in in Leicester.
Leicester is the heart of PepsiCo UK. Our factories there produce millions of packets of great tasting Walkers crisps every day. It’s already a great plant but our ambition is to make it even greater. We not only want to be the largest crisp factory in the world, we want to be the best.
In this role you’ll be responsible for leading and co-ordinating the quality agenda across all the areas of the scorecard on shift, including weak link, quality scores, trading standards requirements and regulatory checks. You’ll be the guardian of our quality standard on shift.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensures timely execution and resolution of holds and near miss follow up.
- Core governance on general standards such as BRC/AIB to ensure brand equity.
- Deputy for absence covered through shift team members or peer group.
- Participates on in shift talent reviews.
- Escalates any significant on shift agenda concerns to Shift Ops Manager.
- Acts as the guardian for all quality process on shift and is responsible for the execution of these processes to the required standard. eg allergen sign offs, sanitation right first time and on time, pocket checks etc.
- Provide expertise on shift to drive improved accountability/closure on audit actions on (AIB/BRC).
- Shift co-ordinator to lead food safety holds, investigations, risk assessments, root cause and closure.
- Support for Shift Ops Manager and team to chase down actions for Quality holds, ensuring completion within timescales.
- Support for Quality, Cost, Delivery and Morale (QCDM) daily meetings, data capture, closure on actions.
- Identify and completion of Quality/Food Safety training, to ensure audit compliance/ correct skill set for shift.
- On-going coaching, development for Shift Allergen Champions.
- Roll out of the Cleaning Standardisation across shift.
- Responsible for on shift safety.
- Support the Lean rollout and QCDM process from a quality perspective.
- Support shift team with problem solving and decision making through leading problem-solving groups, A3 problem solving tools, kaizen events.
- Use the DMAIC process to improve Quality metrics.
- Training and coaching of frontline staff:
- In new and existing quality and regulatory systems (validation and refresher training)
- Understanding of QMS, BRC, QCDM and the implementation thereof
- The Holds process including investigations, RCA and closure
- Understand behaviours and support behavioural change at point of value via coaching GEMBAs
- Ensure the factory is functioning appropriately and delivering excellent customer service to shift by:
-Providing support and guidance for hold procedure
-Provide support and guidance for weaklink reporting issues
-Support site must win battles by leading work streams related to Quality metrics such as CPM and right first time.
What you’ll need:
- Post A Level qualification (BSc; Btech or Food Tech) or experience working in a quality role.
- Previous audit experience either as an auditor or as an auditee specifically in a quality environment
- Experience of implementation and maintenance of quality management systems
- Knowledge of quality systems & processes (e.g SPC, weight control & auditing)
- Experience in training including delivering training packages & writing SOPs/ Standard Works
- Experience with Lean rollout and QCDM management process
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Background in Food Quality & Safety Standards
- Qualification in Food Quality/Hygiene
- Ideally HACCP L3 or similar auditing skills
- 3rd party contractor management experience
- Knowledge of Lean/ QCDM
- Excellent IT skills
- Good communicator
- Experience of delivering coaching/training
- Strong Team worker and contributor
- Flexible, ‘can do,’ attitude to role and duties
- Results driven and understands the link between action & results
- Ability to influence others
- Able to prioritise workloads
You’ll be working a continental shift (12 hour shifts, rotating days and nights).
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business.
Apply for Shift Quality Co-ordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly