The Junior Buyer role is responsible for supporting in leading and implementing the Procurement strategy and covering all Procurement activities relation to the Category for all entities globally.
My client is a leading airline catering business with an annual turnover exceeding £3.5 billion annually. They operate in a fast pace environment but have a great team on-site to develop the successful candidate and can provide a great progression path!
- Delivery key Procurement projects as identified in the Category Plan. Engage and receive support from stakeholders. Run project meetings, maintain project plans and communicate clear actions and progress to ensure on time and as expected delivery of main project activities.
- Support the Global Procurement Manager with data management and analytics. Gather, challenge and verify accuracy of data. Manage and finalise current situation, scenario and potential cost proposition. Communicate findings, assumptions and challenges clearly and efficiently.
- Run Procurement tenders and negotiate initial proposals from suppliers. Produce clear recommendations and negotiation plans.
- Manage SRM Programme with assigned suppliers. Gather data from across the business, produce clear and accurate reporting, manage supplier meetings, communicate and allocate actions as appropriate.
- Produce monthly Procurement KPIs, including spend analytics, supplier performance and benefit tracking against budget.
- Communicate company procurement strategy effectively to the supply base.
- Participating in Group, Centre of excellence or Group Procurement projects.
Category strategy & Procurement category benefits including financial savings
Understanding of strategic sourcing and demand levers and cross-functional approached and ability to adapt levers to cope with specific challenges
Negotiation skills within a Food & Beverage environment
Competitive salary & great development for the successful candidate