Finance Business Partner - Operational
Standard Working Hours: 40 hours, Monday-Friday (flexibility required)
- 25 days holiday + BH
- Discount portal for Highstreet retailers, restaurants and days out
- Internal training opportunities
- Regular company social events
- Staff shop allowance
Since its formation in 2010, Valeo Foods has successfully completed multiple acquisitions across Ireland, the UK and Continental Europe, adding to its portfolio of market leading products and brands that includes Jacob's, Rowse and Balconi, whose histories stretch back over a century and a half. The company’s international workforce takes great pride in creating the foods its consumers love to eat, and in leveraging the potential of our iconic category defining brands. Since its formation, over 170 new products have been developed, adding to its expansive international brand portfolio.
- Providing a support service working with all operational departments and the management team to help make financial decisions, ensuring spending is kept under control, waste is eliminated, and all revenue growth opportunities are fully supported.
- Contribute to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business by providing ad-hoc financial insight and analysis as required.
Operational Budgeting & Forecasting
- Ensuring the most profitable allocation of operational resources in planning, budgeting and forecasts through financial insights & constructive challenge.
- Running the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process for all operational cost centres.
- Ensure operational budget/forecast assumptions are fully integrated and supportive of Sales and Marketing plans.
- Ensure the innovation processes are fully supported in terms of operational financial implications.
- Ensure cost budgets are zero based and inefficiency / waste is eliminated.
- Ensure that the budget owners understand and apply budgeting processes and methodology and are using only approved tools and templates. (including delivering training where necessary).
Financial Performance Reporting
- Acts as the ultimate owner of operational financial management reporting for the business.
- Development of the financial reporting processes in line with requirements of our improvement ambitions, through sitting with functional leads to interrogate the most relevant KPI’s and reports.
- Generate reports based on facts to be presented before the senior managers, and shareholders on a weekly, monthly, quarterly basis.
- Monthly Management packs, annual budgets, quarterly forecasts, weekly cash flows forecasting, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Responsible for interpretation of results, providing commentary and detailed analysis on trends and insights at Valeo Foods UK level.
- Communicate with and manage the information needs of external auditors.
- Build and maintain a knowledge base of industry structure, trends and operational best practice.
- Develop and or enhance systems of financial control aimed at ensuring all costs are adequately controlled, and inefficiencies are highlighted.
- Responsible for the reporting of all raw materials and finished goods, ensuring accurate stock controls are in place.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with internal management.
- Contribute to a work environment conducive to teamwork, creativity, quality, operational efficiency, and value acceleration.
- Completion of VAT and Intrastat returns.
Core skills and competencies:
- Intellectually strong, Graduate level with excellent financial acumen.
- ACCA or CIMA qualified/finalist.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience gained in Cost Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis or Financial Control through an operational finance role in a related industry.
- Experience of providing finance/cost accounting support in a complex manufacturing environment.
- Excellent understanding of financial analytics and experience in presenting complex financial issues to non-financial executives.
- Highly IT literate. Knowledge of ERP systems including planning components.
- Excellent report building skills; In particular, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to influence and persuade.
- Ability to structure and manage day to day issues as well as a number of developmental projects.
- Structured and systemised approach.
- Ability to create and improve business structures.
- Well-developed presentational and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex problems or solutions in a way in which they are quickly understood.
- Confidence, resilience, determination and enthusiasm.
- A commercial, focused and interrogative attitude.
- A keen eye for details and a willingness to be hands-on.
- Strong teamwork, process management and cross-functional influencing.
Valeo Foods UK are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.