We have an exciting opportunity for the right person to fill the vacant role of Operations Manager at our Bristol site where we manufacture a range of chilled soups and sauces for 2 major retailers. As a member of the Site Leadership Team, the role is to direct the operations function with responsibility for all aspects of site activities from inbound materials through all conversion processes to despatch of finished goods. This includes the delivery of local operational KPI’s and objectives to meet and exceed customer expectations as well as those of the wider business.
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction to the operational community to ensure that people are kept safe engaged, focused and delivering to their potential
- Implement SHE plan/performance across the operational teams in order to enhance employees health and safety wellbeing in the workplace
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the site business plan in order to deliver the Profitability/Productivity Objectives, working closely with site leadership team colleagues
- Co-ordinate, and take corrective action, to ensure all elements of operations are integrated and being utilised through cost efficient processes which deliver product to food safety and customer standards
- Lead the development of the multi-shift operational teams and supporting functions under your charge, establishing a high performance team of direct reports
- Drive continuous improvement. Ensure delivery of the continuous improvement programme
- Control manufacturing spend, within sign off limits, to ensure that costs are aligned with business requirements and the agreed budget
- Identify and prioritise capex projects that deliver the benefits, cost and productivity improvements in the ongoing business plans
- Consult and advise with relevant departments to ensure the effective and efficient use of all new capital investment projects/machinery to deliver best operational advantage
- Diploma level qualifications, equivalent or higher
- Level 3 Health and Safety – IOSH or higher
- Minimum Level 2 Food Hygiene, Level 3 preferred
- Previous experience of leading manufacturing teams in an FMCG environment
- Previous experience of working with customers and being accountable for customer service
- Previous experience of leading or involvement in line scheduling and stock replenishment planning
- Strong analytical skills with the capability to plan and implement initiatives in a complex organisation
- Competent in modern manufacturing methodologies and systems
- Experience of leading and driving change initiatives
- Self-starter, results-orientated, demonstrating tangible benefits to business performance
About the company
Greencore is a leading manufacturer of convenience food in the UK. It supplies grocery and other retailers including all of the major UK supermarkets. The Group has strong market positions in a range of categories including sandwiches, sushi, salads, chilled ready meals, chilled soups and sauces, chilled quiche, ambient sauces and pickles, and frozen Yorkshire Puddings.
On an annual basis, Greencore manufactures around 706 million sandwiches and other food to go products, 144 million chilled prepared meals, and 226 million bottles of cooking sauces, pickles and condiments. The Group carries out around 7,500 deliveries to stores each day.