Food Safety Manager
Food Safety Manager
£35,000-£40,000 + Benefits
Job Reference: GG/5442
Are you an experienced Food Safety professional who would like to join a blue-chip food company and world-class manufacturer?
If so, this could be the perfect role for you.
A global leader in their sector, they are a values-driven business with a proud 100-year history.
- To ensure food safety & hygiene practices across site are in line with customer and accreditation standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proactively lead all initiatives to improve and align HACCP, Allergen and Food safety behaviours throughout the factory
- Site HACCP Leader
- Co-ordinate Hygiene
- Lead any major site Food safety complaint investigations with the support of QA leaders
- Direct and support the QA Team with Food Safety issues and compliance
- Build strong relationships with the Senior Management & engineering team
- Implement a clear strategy for Food safety requirements for the site
- Responsible for Allergen management onsite
- Assist & deputise for the Site Quality Manager
- Support during audits with all associated Food safety / HACCP / Allergen requirements
- Carry out Audits in line with the internal auditing schedule and other audits required by the department e.g. internal audits, GMP audits, Hygiene audits etc
- Communicate relevant, non-conforming HACCP / Food safety issues to all managers and agree corrective actions within meeting structures
- Approval of raw material specifications & HACCP / Allergen Risk assessment of product and raw materials
- Handling of any Food safety non-conforming raw material or finished goods ensuring correct escalation to management and that corrective actions are closed out
- Handling of any non-conforming result- product/swab/waters- ensuring correct escalation to management and that corrective actions are closed out
- Generation of microbiological results reports with trend monitoring
- Devising of environmental sampling plans with consideration to risk assessment of product
- Devising of weekly sampling plans in line with internal and customer requirements
- Writing & training of food safety procedures to meet necessary BRC/customer accreditation requirements
Required Skills & Experience:
- In depth knowledge of Food Safety System (BRC, IFS,) HACCP, GMP and hygiene standards
- Degree or appropriate educational level in relevant science or technology subject
- HACCP experience within a food manufacturing environment – minimum 2 years
- Strong Computer & office-based work skills
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong influential and problem-solving skills
Get in touch! If you think this role is for you, send your CV to email@example.com with GG/5442 as a subject or give me a call on 0161 832 7463.