Maintenance Lead (Engineer)
KP Snacks Pontefract (Home of Butterkist Popcorn...)
We have exciting opportunities for you to join our Line Teams as Maintenance Leads at Pontefract as part of our new way of working, IWS!
What is IWS ?
IWS (Intersnack Work System) provides a fully integrated approach to optimise our Supply Chains. It is not a project, it is a long term culture change and methodology – the new Intersnack way of working.
IWS focuses on reducing losses throughout the supply chain; it establishes the best way to do something; and then we repeat it, eliminating variation and waste. IWS gives more decision-making power and autonomy to those closest to the line, increasing employee engagement and allowing colleagues to benefit from ongoing development.
What is a maintenance lead?
The Maintenance Lead is responsible for defined processes within a dedicated area of the site to reduce or eliminate the costs that are caused by maintenance of equipment and machine downtimes.
- Maintenance Updating, Planning and Scheduling for the lines, reviewing and prioritising any reported incidents/stops and planning maintenance and repair.
- Produces the repair budgets for the production unit in collaboration with the Line Lead
- Implements approved tasks in consultation with the Line Leads and initiates corrective actions to reduce variances
- The Maintenance Lead is jointly responsible for motivating, guiding and supporting the training and qualification of technical colleagues.
- Participate in the planning, organisation, execution and control of actions to improve work safety and hygiene with the occupational health, safety and the hygiene specialist of the plant.
- Update technical documentation and develop and update the annual maintenance plan.
- Achieve significant reductions in planned and unplanned downtime by eliminating breakdowns and actively participating in the preparation of the 90-day-loss elimination plan.
- Engineering experience and overall strong technical skills
- Line management experience would be beneficial
- Effective Communication skills
- Ability to effectively coach and train others
- Drive and aptitude to continue building personal capability
- Interpersonal collaboration skills
- Initiative in changing things and openness to change