Are you a senior Technical professional looking for a role with a difference? Ever wish you could invest the time with your customers to build something that feels much more like a strategic partnership rather than the usual customer/supplier relationship?
As a supplier to some of the UK's leading foodservice customers, we're looking for someone with the experience and the character to build those partnerships; someone to develop and own a technical strategy that delivers best-in-class technical and product development plans, ensuring full ownership at a site level but also maintaining those strong customer relationships.
Sounds like the type of role for you? Here's (just some) of what will keep you busy:
- You'll have full accountability for the site's technical activities for foodservice customers. This means ensuring consistency of standards, approach and ways of working, all aligned to the company's FSQMS.
- You're the person who 'll set the technical agenda for foodservice customers. You're the key point of contact for foodservice customers and an expert in their processes. You'll be the one who ensures that customer and supplier are aligned and speaking the same language.
- You'll be playing an integral part of product development and innovation, including the critical path to launch process. You'll take the customer's vision and work with the product innovation and development teams to bring those ideas to reality.
- The site's technical scorecards sit under your ownership. You'll be the one interpreting the data and making sure that team know when they're doing a great job, as well as leading the improvements if and when things could be better.
In order to be set up to succeed in this role, we believe you'll need the following:
- Experience in a Technical Manager or Technical Controller role within a food production environment.
- Preferably, experience within a customer-facing technical role. (Knowledge of foodservice would be ideal.)
- A degree or equivalent qualification.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate in a way that's concise and directional.
- Proven leadership, with a style that works equally well in both the strategic and "hands-on" elements of technical.
- A history of leading a team in delighting customers and hitting KPIs/SLAs.
- Excellent project management and presentation skills with an analytical mindset.
In return, we can promise you a competitive salary (and benefits package) with a forward-thinking exciting business that puts its people, and their development, at the very core of what it does.
If this sounds interesting, and you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience to be considered for the role, just click to apply.