Manufacturing Team Leader
Organise, motivate and lead production crew in line with targets and KPI's. Achieve production requirements within agreed timescales and costs. Support Bradford site vision, to be the home of operational excellence.
1. Be supportive, act with integrity, show enthusiasm and embrace openness
2. Have detailed understanding of the Manufacturing System and maturity matrix, and site must win battle plans
3. Understand and implement lean manufacturing work practices including 5s, AM, problem solving (including root cause analysis) to drive continuous improvement activity at site
4. Provide cover the IPC team leader for sickness and holidays
5. Manage production crew in line with targets and KPI's.
6. Ensure employees are trained and fully utilised to the optimum skills level as detailed in the skills training matrix, allocating skills where appropriate.
7. Coach and develop manufacturing teams to adopt and share best practice and guiding principles.
8. Manage and develop personnel in accordance with HR policies and procedures to maximise job performance and potential, raising concerns regarding under-performing operators.
9. Produce quantitative data by shift, to enable performance and costs to be analysed.
10. Manage attendance for employees through the relevant site procedures and time and attendance system
11. Ensure team maintain food safety and hygiene standards at all times
12. Maintain effective communications ensuring regular briefings and feedback is provided to the teams keeping them up to date on the business and future developments.
13. Strictly follow product specifications.
14. Ensure adherence to procedures and quality standards and ensure that all production is recorded accurately.
15. Maintain good housekeeping and high levels of hygiene at all times.
16. Ensure all product is clearly and correctly labelled and that all Quality paperwork and procedures are completed accurately.
12.Report any quality problems or issues to the Shift Operations Manager.
13.Monitor and record waste and identify areas for improvement.
14.Maximise product yields without compromising product quality.
15.Follow safe working practices and ensure employees understand and adhere to them.
16.Record and control variances.
17.Report any problems or issues to the relevant person at the earliest opportunity so as not to impact on production e.g. Shift Operations Manager, Unit Engineer; Production Planning Manager etc.
18.Continually review processes and methods and identify improvements.
19.In conjunction with the site management team integrate continuous improvement initiatives across all aspects of manufacturing.
20.All employees should carry out their duties in a responsible manner giving due consideration to Safety, Environmental & Quality procedures, which are part of the Integrated management System.
21.Contribute to the health & safety of self and others by applying health and safety principles to the required standards whilst undertaking designated tasks.
22.These are the key daily tasks, not a comprehensive list of all tasks undertaken by the job holder. Flexibility is required by the business & this will be agreed with the individual's line manager.
Hourly rate - £10.23 with a shift allowance of 30%. Continental shift workers are also entitled to 2 hours at time and a half every week as long as they complete their basic working hours.