Factory Manager, Cumbernauld
Posted by: Silven
Job Title: Factory Manager
Salary: Highly Competitive Salary & Executive package to attract the best
A.G. Barr p.l.c. is a FTSE 250 UK based branded consumer goods business focused on growth. The company was established over 140 years ago in Scotland.
A soft drinks business at its core, A.G Barr offers a diverse and differentiated portfolio of great tasting brands such as the iconic IRN-BRU, market-leading Rubicon exotic fruit juice drinks, and the Scottish spring water Strathmore.
We will produce over 26 million cases of product this year at our manufacturing facility in Cumbernauld, near Glasgow. We are now recruiting for a results driven, high performing Factory Manager to lead and inspire the site through its next exciting phase of development.
- We’re seeking an inspirational Factory Manager who has a passion for FMCG manufacturing and demonstrated ability to operate successfully at a senior level in an autonomous stand-alone role.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, you will have excellent knowledge of modern production and packaging techniques and processes, with a solid understanding of quality and health & safety standards, ideally within a food and drink or FMCG manufacturing environment.
- You will have extensive change management experience, with a proven ability to engage and inspire at all levels, optimising results across the business through “Lean Manufacturing”.
- You will be a natural motivator, with a holistic approach. You will have the ability to use your own initiative and be a strong decision maker.
- You’ll be commercially astute with strong analytical skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- As Factory Manager you will ensure the site is highly reliable, responsive, competitive and puts safety first; closely followed by quality and customer service.
- Reporting to the Head of Manufacturing, as Factory Manager of Cumbernauld, you have overall leadership responsibility for all site employees
- Leading a team of 150 colleagues on this key strategic site you will be responsible for leading and delivering operational performance, shaping site supply chain strategy and leading high performing teams.
- Working closely working with the Finance team you will manage a significant operational budget of around £15 million for F19.
- You will lead the site change process by facilitating best practice and sustainable process improvement through Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
All direct and third-party applications will be passed to Silven to be put through our process.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click apply below, quoting ref MC5512 or call me Max Cable on 01485 520000for a confidential discussion.