Head of Planning
Job Type: Head of Supply Chain Planning
Salary: £60k – 70k + Package
Job Reference: 23633
Are you someone who wants to be part of a rapidly growing organisation where you can make a real impact? Somewhere that offers you full autonomy and to be part of a young, entrepreneurial environment? If so, please read on!
One of the key players in the FMCG industry with a global customer base. The company is always evolving with well-known brands across their portfolio. They operate a work hard play hard environment with no day being the same. Due to both organic growth it is now a great time to join the company.
The Head of Supply Chain Planning will be accountable to develop the Demand & Supply strategy along with an optimized material inventory strategy for the EMEA region in order to meet sales and objectives. Collaboration with other members of the supply chain, sales, marketing, finance and customer support teams is paramount to achieve these Sales and service objectives
- Managing the priorities for the demand and supply planning function, aligned to the growth of promotional events, marketing support and innovation launches.
- Leading the consensus on S&OP for the business including chairing the weekly / monthly S&OP meeting.
- Leading a team of Managers and Planners (circa 6)
- Leading improvement projects for forecasting process and accuracy
- Enter, maintain and challenge the forecast as provided by the sales team
- Build visibility between financial target and volume sales plan and support the financial team in the financial cycle.
- Work with the Customer Services & Commercial Director to define/ shape the Supply Chain strategy
- Collaborate internally and externally with key stakeholders to achieve excellent forecast accuracy and service level to your customer
- Drive best practice and adherence to the business cycle, supporting not only the monthly but annual forecasting processes
- Always looking to improve, identifying and delivering ways to improve efficiency, eliminate waste and drive service.
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on, organised, highly motivated and a self-starter who is comfortable working with limited supervision and prioritise certain projects at one time. The Head of Supply Chain Planning will be a good team player with knowledge of SAP /APO.
- Educated to degree level with a qualification in a supply chain related discipline and/or demand management as an advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience in Supply and Demand planning experience in the FMCG Industry or alternatively similar length of experience in forecasting or marketing analysis.
- Have worked with a multi-cultural team
- Strong experience in SAP, having worked with APO or BW
- Commercial understanding of the consumer market and an ability to liaise effectively with customers and stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills & keen eye for detail - numerate
- Line management experience is critical for this role, with demonstrated ability to mentor and support the development of less experienced members of a team.
- Proven experience of driving systemised improvements to logistics processes.
- Demonstrable change management experience within the Supply Chain function. • Sound decision making and problem solving skills.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Ali Jafri or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.
To Contact Direct: Ali Jafri 0161 639 0080, firstname.lastname@example.org