Quality Assurance Manager
Our client, a leader in their field, is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager for their South Wales site.
Main purpose of job
- Responsible for maintaining, developing and implementing the quality management system.
- Monitor and report on the performance of quality management system.
- Develop, maintain and adhere to BRC, Customer Requirements and other relevant standards.
- Drive continuous improvement, root cause analysis and preventative actions.
- The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for managing/providing/leading/coordinating the Quality Team.
Key Result Areas
Processes & Standards
- To develop and maintain the department QMS in line with business and customer needs, taking into account the stakeholders input to enable proactive management and compliance of the QMS across the site with product safety, legality and quality at the foremost.
- Develop the HACCP team, incorporating into the QMS. Drive continuous improvement in HACCP system, training, monitoring, verification and validation.
- Develop and drive the department technical / quality agenda with regard to short, medium- and long-term plans.
- Present and undertake BRC and customer audits and visits. Manage and complete all non-conformances / feedback requirements.
Customer Satisfaction / Requirements
- Ensure all established company policies and procedures conform to legislation and/or meet targets to achieve recognition against national quality standards and customer COP’s.
- Provide assistance, guidance and active involvement in NPD, development trials, pre-production visits and product launches.
- To manage, along with the management team on site, the achievement of key performance indicators and identify improvements required to meet KPI’s and develop plans to achieve.
- Review and assess the effectiveness of any changes implemented.
- Audit, document and review existing quality records, policies and procedures and provide and complete recommendations where necessary for improvement. Manage and control the positive release of finished product on site.
- Manage internal audit program, undertaking / scheduling audits, monitored and completing nonconformances and verification.
- Manage and monitor the pest control activities on site.
- Complaints management and trending on site, including investigations.
- Establish, manage and control online specifications, quality checks, packaging checks.
Site & Group Development
- To ensure effective internal relationships are maintained with production and Engineering departments to ensure accurate reporting and compliance. Support the production teams in delivering an excellent product quality and manufacturing strategy across the business.
- Support staff development; maximising quality output and reliability through motivation of staff and colleagues, participation, involvement and adherence to standards.
- Involvement and participation in Group projects and activities.
- Involvement at other sites within Group – projects, auditing, assistance. Any other duties considered appropriate to the post.
Key Success Criteria
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant qualification to degree standard or substantial experience in lieu of this.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in quality /food technology background.
- Internal auditing & HACCP qualification and team leading experience.
- Detailed understanding and proven capability in the areas of HACCP, BRC and GMP.
- Demonstrable skill in decision making and good judgement in stressful situations.
- Analytical and logical mind set with excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS office suite.
- Excellent customer focus, both internally and externally.
- An individual to lead by example, with demonstrable interpersonal, coaching and motivational skills.
- Positive and determined approach. Well organised with an ability to deal with complex issues.
- Use initiative in problem solving and tenacity to challenge outcomes to deliver consistent best results.
- Job holder will inevitably be privy to sensitive issues and must therefore be discrete at all times.
- Ability to interact with other members of staff and external stakeholders at all levels and modify personal style to suit.
- Commitment to working to the highest ethical standards.
- Excellent work ethic.
This position is for an initial 6 month contract, although candidates seeking a permanent will also be considered.
Indicative Salary Range: £28250 - 35000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.