Quality Assurance Auditor
Greencore Kiveton are currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance Auditor
Working days are Monday to Friday 9:30- 17:30 with ability to offer flexibility as required.
- Free Parking
- Canteen serving hot food and sandwiches
- Training, Development and qualifications to help you grow your career.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company Pension scheme
- Childcare Scheme
- Access to our benefits hub offering a huge range of retailer discounts and offers
- Sharesave Scheme
- PPE is provided free of charge
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Sample, test, audit and monitor to verify that all processes, procedures and products are being manufactured in a safe & compliant manner;
- Conduct verification checks to ensure equipment is suitably calibrated to comply with required standards;
- Complete all necessary documentation ensuring that it is kept accurate and ready for internal & external audits and highlighting when non-conformance requires corrective
- Maintain ongoing communications with the operations team and other relevant functions ensuring they are fully aware of quality assurance activities, results and trends;
- Collect all relevant samples, with adherence to procedures and protocols, to ensure quality, safety and legality of products sampled;
- Provide education and training to operational staff and other teams to ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards;
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set out in the safety, health and environment policy.
- GCSE or equivalent standard; numerate and literate
- Basic Computer literate for standard office practices
- Health and Safety - level Two
- Food hygiene - level Two
- CCP training including HACCP principles for Manufacturing Unit
- Internal Audit Process; Understanding and Experience
- Allergen Awareness; Understanding of risk
- GMP Knowledge of techniques
- Non-conformance reporting techniques
- Microbiological awareness – understanding of basic of food safety
- Basic disinfection principles
- Basic legal labeling practice
About the company
Greencore is a leading manufacturer of convenience food in the UK. It supplies grocery and other retailers including all of the major UK supermarkets. The Group has strong market positions in a range of categories including sandwiches, sushi, salads, chilled ready meals, chilled soups and sauces, chilled quiche, ambient sauces and pickles, and frozen Yorkshire Puddings.
On an annual basis, Greencore manufactures around 706 million sandwiches and other food to go products, 144 million chilled prepared meals, and 226 million bottles of cooking sauces, pickles and condiments. The Group carries out around 7,500 deliveries to stores each day.
Greencore has 15 world-class manufacturing sites in the UK, with industry-leading technology and supply chain capabilities. The Group has an annual turnover of ca.£1.5bn, employs approximately 11,300 people and is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland.