Maintenance Shift Leaders
We are currently recruiting four Maintenance Shift Leaders at our Leeds Site to manage a team of Engineers who maintain and improve the performance of all plant and equipment to achieve maximum machine availability targets.
This role will work on a 4 on 4 off days and nights rotation.
- Lead the engineering shift team to create a high performing culture where team members are motivated, engaged, and supported to develop and achieve their potential.
- Plan and prioritise the shift workload for the engineering team to enable production targets to be achieved by maximising machinery up time
- Effective cross-functional working with your peers, ensuring efficient and joined up ways of working between departments, promoting a ‘one team’ ethos.
- Execute the planned preventative maintenance schedule to maximise machinery up time and minimise disruption to production targets
- Ensure all plant and equipment adhere to all relevant legislation and so that a safe working environment is maintained all times
- Ensure the shift engineering team produces all documents and reports accurately and presents information in the required format to given time scales
- Ensure that the permit to work is in place and adhered to so that contractors and colleagues work safely at all times
- Ensure the shift engineering team adhere to good manufacturing practices (GMP) ensuring compliance with manufacturing unit food safety requirements
You will have proven experience where team management and development is key to delivering results.
You will have knowledge of manufacturing machinery and / or processes, be computer literate, ideally with competent costing and budgeting skills.
About the company
Greencore is a leading manufacturer of convenience food in the UK. It supplies grocery and other retailers including all of the major UK supermarkets. The Group has strong market positions in a range of categories including sandwiches, sushi, salads, chilled ready meals, chilled soups and sauces, chilled quiche, ambient sauces and pickles, and frozen Yorkshire Puddings.
On an annual basis, Greencore manufactures around 706 million sandwiches and other food to go products, 144 million chilled prepared meals, and 226 million bottles of cooking sauces, pickles and condiments. The Group carries out around 7,500 deliveries to stores each day.
Greencore has 15 world-class manufacturing sites in the UK, with industry-leading technology and supply chain capabilities. The Group has an annual turnover of ca.£1.5bn, employs approximately 11,300 people and is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland.