Raw Material Supply Planner
Raw Material Supply Planner
Do you want to work for a leader in the FMCG industry? Do you want to be part of a developing supply chain department? Do you want to work with a portfolio of customers including the major multiples? The business have a permanent vacancy in the Supply Chain Department.
The company’s values are extremely important to them and they include, Engagement, Communication and Leadership. The company provide a competitive base salary, great future opportunities for ambitious people and pension scheme. It is a fun and vibrant environment to work in.
The Raw Material Planner will work within the material supply team based in London to accurately plan, process and maintain appropriate levels of raw material purchase orders within Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The Raw Material Planner will identify needs through forecast to supply and manage raw materials of both ingredients and packaging materials, to drive system maintenance and integrity and to work with identified suppliers to ensure production needs are met.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders according to company purchasing policies and procedures
- Confirm purchase orders with vendors including delivery date, quantity, unit of measure etc.
- Track and expedite purchase orders by working with suppliers, carriers, etc
- Maintain purchase orders within SAP so the system holds the latest details and supports operational plans
- Build good work relationship with suppliers and other cross functional team members
- Ensure accurate planning parameters are reflected in SAP and regularly review to achieve optimum materials inventory holding within the network
- Proactively identify slow moving and obsolete raw material risks, report and follow up by closely working with other functional teams
- Regularly check for potential stock-outs due to purchasing delivery delay. Take immediate action to ensure material availability by expediting PO for earlier delivery when necessary.
- Closely work with the product development teams to support new products implementation through the supply of new raw materials.
- Monitor and evaluate supplier performance around delivery performance and order fulfilment
- Issue purchase forecasts to vendors and support Raw Material Supply Manager in holding formal supply reviews with main vendors
The Ideal Experience:
- At least 2 years of the experience in supply planning
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong sense of urgency and of responsibility
- Must be a team player and demonstrate successful experience working in a cross functional international team environment
- Perform well under pressure
- Must have strong maths skills, including the ability to convert measurements
- Must have strong understanding of MRP
- Must have advanced Microsoft Office Excel skills
- SAP experience is desirable
This role is a significant opportunity within a recognised FMCG business with the opportunity to further progress and make impact!
Please submit an application early in order to be considered for the opportunity.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.
To Contact Directly: Chloe Dalton on 0161 639 0080