My client is an independent manufacturer of private label bakery goods for the UK market. They are looking to strengthen their team with the recruitment of an experienced Technical Manager
This role reports directly to the company Managing Director and is responsible for maintaining, developing and implementing the Quality Manual, ensuring compliance with the BRC Standard and customer standards for food safety.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Developing & maintaining the Quality and HACCP (due diligence) systems.
- Managing and leading the process of accreditation audit against BRC Food Safety Global Standard and customer audits.
- Taking responsibility for the daily control of quality and HACCP procedures and to ensure that all checks & procedures are properly understood.
- Promoting quality across the site and driving performance improvement in the production areas with the Production Manager and Operations Manager.
- Assisting in customer complaints management (log, investigation, proposal of corrective action) of such issues until they are fully resolved.
- Managing non-conformances in liaison with relevant departments (log, investigation – root cause analysis, proposal of corrective action) and ensuring issues are fully resolved.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of being a Technical Manager in the food industry, ideally 3 years plus.
- Have performed internal audits and have excellent knowledge of BRC, HACCP, Specifications and manufacturing processes
- Ideally be degree qualified in Food Science or similar
- Experience of working with major retail customers, ideally Tesco and Sainsbury
Great role with a great company.
Indicative Salary Range: £50000 - 55000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.