Fantastic opportuntiy for an up-and-coming quality individual with a background in FMG to take the reigns and direc the quality function at this fantastic organisation.
World renowned FMCG company based in a beautiful area near the South Coast.
The Key responsibilities of the QC Manager are:
- Devising and establishing a company's quality procedures, standards and specifications
- Completion of customer specification questionnaires.
- Monitoring the requirements of external suppliers for audit purposes
- Setting standards for quality as well as health and safety and HACCP
- Making sure that manufacturing or production processes meet international and national standards;
- Looking at ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency;
- Defining quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff;
- Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures;
- Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing monthly reports;
- Making suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them;
- Using relevant quality tools and making sure managers and other staff understand how to improve the business;
- On site microbiological testing of product samples to ensure compliance with relevant standards
- Bench mark testing with external labs.
- Day to day testing of samples, perform GMP micro swabbing of key production areas and record results.
- Acting as the main point of contact for the Environment Agency and E.H.0. and E.A.
- Investigating, recording and answering quality related customer complaints and questions.
- Being part of the HACCP and Health and Safety and Environment team.
- Have an active involvement in acquiring IS09001 and IS014001 certification
- New starters company induction.
- Quarantine Area - both physical and on SAP.
- Maintaining bottle library
- To perform any other reasonable request from the Executive Director.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience working within an FMCG environment, ideally in food, beverages or pharmaceuticals
- Have an understanding of ISO9001 and ISO14001
- Be HACCP level 3 (at least) accredited
- Be able to update and manage the quality standards within the business, including taking responsibility for new starters.
- GMP microbiological swabbing experience
- Setting standards for HSE within the organisation
- A team leader and motivational individual with a drive to succeed.
Competitive salary and opportuntiy to work for a world recognised, award winning business