Our client, a successful FMCG manufacturer who continues to produce high quality products for a range of customers, an exciting opportunity for a Quality Technician to join their team.
The Quality Technician will be responsible for supporting QA activities and analytical services. Maintaining elements of the Food Safety and Quality Management Systems and assist with Product Development.
- Carry out daily collection of production samples and conduct analytical checks on mature vat and bottling spirit samples which includes alcohol strength, colour, pH, and haze analysis.
- Coordinate and participate in routine setup and organoleptic analysis of new make and mature spirit samples.
- Carry out regular Gas Chromatograph analysis of whisky samples and generate customer certificates of analysis.
- Prepare customer sample requests as required, including completion of HMRC documentation.
- Maintain and report appropriate records of analytical checks.
- Contribute to writing and reviewing Laboratory Procedures, Work Instructions, Calibration Records, COSHH Assessments and Risk Assessments.
- Maintain, operate, calibrate, and troubleshoot analytical equipment including gas chromatography.
- Support QA Manager as required with elements of the Food Safety and Quality management systems including investigations into non-conformances and customer complaints.
- Participate as a member of the audit team, conducting internal Food Safety and Quality management audits and external bottler and supplier audits.
- Assist QA Manager and Blending Team in daily blending duties and Product Development activities as required.
- Maintain the basic day-to-day running of the laboratory and assist in keeping the department safe, clean and tidy.
- Positively interact with various production departments on a daily basis.
- Perform all lab assistant tasks efficiently, accurately, and consistently.
- Adhere to Health & Safety requirements and Quality Procedures.
- Degree educated in a scientific discipline and previous lab experience essential.
- Minimum of 2 years practical experience of Gas Chromatography and other instrumental and analytical techniques.
- An ability to perform laboratory testing to a consistently high standard.
- Ability to troubleshoot analytical instrumentation.
- Good PC skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of Food Safety and/or Quality Management systems such as ISO 22000 and ISO 9001 standards is preferred.
- Able to work well as part of a small team with appropriate levels of supervision and training.
- Self-starter, able to work on their own initiative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, adaptable and keen to listen and learn.
- Continuous improvement mindset and positive attitude.
What’s on offer?
- A competitive salary dependent on experience, maximum being £27,000.
- Private contributory pension.
- 34 days annual leave.
- Private individual health insurance.
- Discretionary business bonus
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV to Simon Norris.