Our client, a successful FMCG manufacturer who continues to produce high quality products for a range of customers, we have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Manager to join their Management team.
The Technical Manager will ensure that product produced is made to the correct quality, is legal and meets any specific customer or business standards. Working closely with other departments to always continuously and proactively improve all areas of the business. Most of your time in the factory and work to a flat structure, where possible.
- Manage technical team to ensure all KPI targets are met and continuously improved
- Provide accurate and timely product specifications, documented work instructions and visual guides to the manufacturing and warehouse teams.
- Monitor the quality in process product and finished product through chemical, microbiological and sensory analysis using HACCP principles.
- Timely finished product release to maintain production and service levels
- Development and maintenance of LQC & QA systems to deliver safe, legal products of the right quality to BRC & IFS technical standard requirements as applicable for both factory & packaging plant.
- Monitor and report on Key Quality KPI’s on a weekly basis.
- Auditing of Hygiene, Good Manufacturing Practice & Buildings to agreed schedule.
- Act as site technical contact for all customers and external bodies e.g. EHO & Trading Standards.
- Drive reduction in customer complaints through monitoring, reporting and agreed action plans with manufacturing team.
- Ensure specific Food Safety Controls such as allergen procedures are maintained.
- Work with engineering and project teams to ensure site is developed in line with HACCP and GMP requirements.
- Continuously improve the way the department works, e.g. reducing the amount of paperwork used and challenge customer practices or procedures to the benefit of the business.
- Must have a proven track record in Food Manufacturing- employment experience from the dairy sector is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to delegate effectively when required.
- Proactive, dynamic and motivational with the ability to deliver results in a fast paced, pressurised environment.
- Can provide evidence of experience of leading third party external audits i.e. BRC and achieving A or A* rating and UK retailers.
- Ideally hold a BSc. Food Science/Technology or related discipline.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent understanding of complaint/internal non-conformance investigation process/ root cause analysis.
- Excellent understanding of product specifications.
- Must be prepared to work within the factory rather than office for the bulk of the time.
What’s on offer?
- A starting salary of up to £55,000 doe.
- A private business pension.
- Private healthcare.
- Business performance bonus.
- 25 days annual leave + public holidays.
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV to Simon Norris.