Business Improvement Manager - Spalding
Are you an assertive, persuasive and influential individual who is looking to take on their next high-profile role in their manufacturing career? You’ll need to be a passionate and challenge orientated individual who can take the lead in delivering change and excellent results in a fast-paced environment.
If this sounds like you, we have an exciting opportunity for a Business Improvement Specialist due to the implementation of a new Manufacturing Excellence function across the UK, to be based at our Spalding Site.
You will be a key member of the Spalding site as you’ll be driving and developing continuous improvement and implementing lean manufacturing techniques within an FMCG environment.
- Define stretching site financial BI targets, aligned with the divisional % Cost of Goods targets defined in current/next year budget and longer term strategic plans
- Work with site and divisional colleagues to develop a pipeline of achievable BI initiatives capable of delivering the agreed BI targets
- Manage delivery of BI initiatives within agreed timescales and financial targets, leveraging the skills/resource of the local BI/Operations team and negotiating additional skills/resource/ capital from additional stakeholders (Site/Division/Group/ Externals) where necessary
- Manage site deployment of the Greencore Manufacturing Excellence (GME) Programme to full maturity, using Process Confirmations to measure and drive adoption. Be a strong GME advocate for your site.
- Build site capability to deliver business improvements through coaching GME principles and tools – primarily with the BI team and extending to relevant colleagues from Operations and other functions
- Promote full adoption of the GME KPI suite and Performance Management Process (PMP) and their role in identifying future BI opportunities
- Be an active member of the Greencore BI community, contributing to and drawing from best practice standards to help drive coordinated group-wide performance improvement
- Identify and coach/develop suitable non-BI colleagues into a BI-ready talent pool from which future BI recruits can be sourced
- Lead and direct the site BI team to ensure that people are kept safe, engaged, focused, developed and delivering their potential
The role would suit a degree qualified graduate Manufacturing Manager who is people orientated and has a previous track record of achieving goals through developing their teams, as well as delivering behavioural training and coaching. Because we need you to develop a team, you’ll need to have experience of facilitating group problem solving sessions and be an effective manager.
You’ll need to have a proven track record of leading changes and delivering results as a Lean practitioner, either as an external or internal consultant. It would be great (although not essential) if you were Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certified.
We need you to have previous manufacturing experience in a recognised world class lean enterprise and be an effective leader of business process changes.
You will need to be PC literate with fantastic communication skills and the ability to negotiate and develop your team
About the company