No Recruitment Agencies Please
To optimise production and packing efficiencies, through effective planning and utilisation of resources to meet production schedules and remain within budgeted costs while retaining the food safety, legality and quality standards within a safe hygienic environment.
1. Lead and coordinate the activities of Area Managers, Team Leaders and other direct reports to ensure that optimum levels of output are achieved and that all staff achieve their agreed targets as defined by their job description and/or KPI's
2. Develop and lead a continuous improvements culture, driving performance, Health and Safety and Quality
3. Ensure completion of the monthly stock take of all ingredients/WIP in Manufacturing.
4. Collate and evaluate information from actual and estimated customer orders and ensure the Area Managers, and Team Leaders produce a daily plan for production staff.
5. Ensure the availability of safe, legal and quality products to meet customer orders.
6. Control production costs including wage costs, ingredient usage and wastage.
7. Promote best working practice in all production and packing areas.
8. Ensure health and safety standards are maintained throughout production and packing.
9. Assess the performance of the Area Managers, Team Leaders and other direct reports on an ongoing basis both informally and formally via appraisals.
10. Ensure effective recruitment and that all staff training needs are identified and met.
11. Establish and maintain a good working relationship with other managers, team leaders and staff at all levels.
12. Provide information on current and planned production activities as required.
13. Present accurate production information as required for weekly and monthly KPI's.
14. Make any recommendations to the Director of Manufacturing which could improve operational efficiency, Quality, health and safety.
- To take responsibility for personal performance and the development of personal skills to ensure the required skills, knowledge and competence to fulfil the role.
Customer Focus (Internal and External)
- Effectively meeting customer needs, building productive customer relationships and taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty to the business.
Values and Behaviours
- To encourage and promote the values of Destiny Foods and to comply with the required standards of conduct.
Equality and Diversity
- To promote, adhere to and implement the Equal Opportunities policy.
Health and Safety
- To work in compliance with the Health & Safety Policy to ensure hazards are identified and risk assessed and controlled.
- To be proactive in managing your personal health, safety and well-being and that of your colleagues.
- To promote the Environmental Policy by implementing working practices and procedures that ensure a sustainable approach to the use of resources are disposed of in an efficient and environmentally friendly way.
Management experience in FMCG environment, preferably food or similar manufacturing
Level 4 Food Safety
IOSH Managing Safely
Knowledge & Skills
Ability to work under pressure
Ability to resolve staffing issues in a fair and objective manner
Excellent planning and organising skills
Proven performance management skills
Effective budget control
Excellent People manager
Excellent communication skills
Positive and flexible approach
Self-starter and able to initiate and implement change
Ability to solve problems