Production Packing Operative
Shift Production Operators, Deeside, North Wales
If you have packing experience and have worked shifts in a high-volume food production environment within a manufacturing facility this could be the perfect role for you!
We are one of the largest private label manufacturers of traditional breakfast cereal and cereal bars.
Our position as a market leader is as a result of more than 30 years of continuous growth. We have captured the market, delivering into the UK Big 4 retailers in UK and Ireland as well as EU retailers across Europe.
Following an increase in demand for cereals and cereal bar sales and some internal job promotions we have a number of shift vacancies available, specifically within our packing line. Working in an autonomous role the ideal candidate MUST have experience working within a packing line.
Key objectives of the role include:
- Responsibility for ensuring that all finished product specifications are complied with during each production run
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the product being produced and packed and the relevant paperwork to support this.
- Maintain a constant supply of raw materials/ingredients and packaging to the production line.
Experience & know how include:
- Experience working on a packing line or within a mechanically biased role is essential
- Packing line change over experience is essential
- A sound working knowledge of the food industry with experience of working within GMP (good manufacturing practices) is essential
- Ability to use initiative and judgement in identifying and correcting production faults and stoppages and ordering raw materials and packaging to ensure a constant production run is achieved.
The Interview Process:
Verbal and Numerical testing will be conducted at first stage, candidates who meet the required standard will then be invited to attend a competency based interview and may be asked to participate in assessment exercises.
Applicants are asked to only apply for this role if they have packing line or have worked in a mechanically biased role only.
Hours of Work: Following a 3 shift Pattern - This is a 12 hour shift pattern working over a 5 day week with 1 Sunday start up every 6 weeks.
- £23,122.32 (new starter rate - during 6 month probation is £8.21 ph + premiums) rising to £24,856.91 on successful completion of probationary period is £9.072 ph + premiums
- Overtime is available and paid at time and half from Monday to Saturday and double time on Sundays.
- We also offer an attractive benefits package which includes: Generous holiday entitlements, increasing with length of service, Subsidised canteen facilities, staff shop, free parking and paid lunch breaks, Enrolment in to GPP pension scheme with life assurance benefits included
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to people in the following: Packing Operative, Production Operative, Warehouse Operator, Driver, Packing Food Line Operative, Machine Operative, Handler, Food Manufacturing, FMCG Food and Beverage Manufacturer