Manufacturing Manager - Nights
Manufacturing Manager - Nights
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: Up to £65,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Adelie Foods is the UK’s leading Food to Go business, supplying the UK retail and foodservice sectors with an unrivalled portfolio of consumer insight-led chilled food product. From its four manufacturing locations and seven distribution centres across the country, Adelie supplies a diverse range of retail and foodservice customers with a £230 million turnover.
We are currently recruiting for a Night Shift Manufacturing Manager to work in our Manufacturing site in Redmoor, Milton Keynes.
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape and implement site processes as well as drive efficiencies within the business.
- Lead the safety culture on site by ensuring the safety of all staff of all staff within the department in accordance with Company policy, observing the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act, the Food Safety Act 1990 and other current legislation
- Maintain high expectations and champion processes to control standards in all areas of GMP, HSE, Process etc
- Enable teams to hit KPI’s specified
- To coordinate the effective working relationship between production, prep, assembly, stores, hygiene, technical and engineering functions to ensure that finished meets quantity, quality, time, cost and other relevant targets
- To ensure minimised disruption to production by ensuring the timely and planned maintenance of the plant and equipment
- To develop, monitor, and maintain the factory section of the business plan ensuring that improvements are constantly being sought and implemented
- Review KPI’s and take action to ensure adherence where there is deviation or risk
- To assist in the development of the annual factory budget and monitor and control direct and indirect expenditure on a weekly and monthly basis ensuring budget is met and that any discrepancies can be strategic plan can be justified
- Lead the team to implement the strategic plan
- Ensure the Continuous Improvement is led and driven through providing an active leadership, management and development skills and training and it is recorded
- To manage, continually develop and appraise multi-skilled team to ensure that they are provided with the appropriate skills and training and that it is recorded
- Ensure effective communication of matters pertaining to company requirements or standards which have to be met and on any company news
This role is a full-time, working 40 hours per week. The shift pattern starts from 6pm working Sunday night to Thursday night, however some flexibility will be required.
The Ideal Candidate
- A good understanding of educational achievement, either through education or gained at work
- Previous experience of leading manufacturing teams in an FMCG environment
- Previous experience of working with customers and being accountable for customer service
- Strong analytical skills
- Capability to plan and implement initiatives in a complex organisation
- Knowledge of modern manufacturing mythologies and system planning
- Level 3 Health & Safety - IOSH
In return for time and hard work
- Salary, Up to £65,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
- 33 Days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Interested? Apply Now!
Adelie Foods confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.