Our client is a horticulture specialist for the UK & Ireland.
The main purpose of the role, will be to assist the Supply Chain and Purchasing Department with general duties to help the smooth running of the department.
- Reconcile deliveries against purchase orders to ensure that all materials have arrived intact and in the ordered quantity.
- Contact suppliers to follow up on late or missing shipments or to report damaged goods.
- Using purchasing software maintain detailed records of purchases, including quantities ordered and received, shipping information, and costs associated with the purchase.
- Provide records to facilitate budget reconciliation compile and submit these records to the accounting department to support financial management and reporting.
- Maintain relationships with suppliers.
- Monitor the company's inventory levels to determine when new purchases should be raised, using purchasing software.
- Ability to work under pressure during busy periods.
- General day to day administration.
- Efficient and methodical with excellent organisational skills.
- Confident communication skills on the phone and on email. (Understanding and using Outlook is essential)
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft packages with a high level of attention to detail (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- General Clerical skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply via this website or call Joe Hill on 01733 235 111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch with Henderson Brown today to view all of our current food jobs and fresh produce jobs and also to find out more about our fresh produce recruitment and food recruitment services.