Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain Manager
Teesside (Home of McCoy’s and POM-BEAR)
As our Supply Chain Manager, you will be a strategic leader for the supply and customer service strategy with the site leadership team. You will report directly to the Factory General Manager and liaise with the wider business through the S&OP process whilst being an important member of the wider Supply Chain team with other SCM’s and central S&OP functions. You will have a team of planning, supplies and warehouse managers who you will coach and develop through having an approach of fresh ideas to challenge the status quo, delivering continuous improvement, and unlocking the full potential of your team and colleagues.
About KP Snacks
KP Snacks is one of the fastest growing scale snacks business in the UK with total revenues of £400m and are a strong number two player to Walkers (PepsiCo) with a market share of nearing 20%. Our established brands include McCoys, Hula Hoops, KP Nuts and POM-BEAR. In 2017 we made our first acquisition of the UK’s number one Popcorn brand Butterkist then last year we made two strategically important acquisitions: the Herefordshire based premium hand-cooked crisp brand Tyrrells and Popchips which is a more permissible snack which doesn’t compromise on flavour. Our head office is in Slough with factories in Teesside, Ashby, Pontefract, Hellaby, Tanfield, Leominster and Uttoxeter. With a total of c. 2200 employees, approximately 90% of employees are factory based with the remainder in the Head Office.
In 2016 we began a significant investment in operational excellence called IWS (Intersnack Work Systems) which makes joining KP at a crucial and opportunistic time). This complete organisational system of tools, processes and roles was developed by Proctor & Gamble over many years as they perfected world class manufacturing and has been packaged and sold to other FMCG businesses. IWS focuses on total employee involvement and engagement to eliminate all losses in order to achieve breakthrough results.
About Intersnack – the group
Head quartered in Düsseldorf, Germany, the group remains family owned and is organised into 14 management units,
covering 26 countries within Europe, each responsible for a geographic area. The businesses within the Intersnack Group operate autonomously with the local management teams encouraged to act entrepreneurially in their local markets. Through organic growth and acquisition the group now operates across all snack categories including crisps, specialties, baked products and nuts. Today, Intersnack Group generates €2.5bn in net sales with a strong growth agenda.
Teesside is the largest factory in the Intersnack family; employing over 700 people and operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Teesside has been home to the McCoy’s brand since 1985 and more recently has taken on the production of POM- BEAR and Hula Hoops Puft.
The site leadership team consists of a Factory General Manager, HR Business Partner, Manufacturing Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Engineering Manager, Health & Safety Manager, Technical Manager, Finance Manager IWS Manager and NPD Manager. There are 4 Production Managers who support the majority of colleagues across the site.
Teesside began the roll out of IWS in 2017 and given the size and scale of Teesside has its own IWS Deployment team headed up by an IWS Manager.
- Get to know the site, the business and most importantly the people – we are looking for a leader who connects well with people at every level, makes people feel valued and is very comfortable being on the shop floor every day
- Understand the immediate Customer service and supply chain priorities, the team and resources required to deliver them continue or start work on them
- Learn about IWS – whilst it will take time to develop your capabilities, it will be key to grasp the basics quickly and adopt the daily, weekly routines to work towards a zero loss culture with 100% colleague engagement.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Through leading the SN pillar this role will input into site Master Plan to enable the site to achieve the relevant IWS Phase Journey and achieve the site Compelling Business Need (CBN)
- Lead site supply and customer service whilst managing communications with key business stakeholders both internal and external to site.
- Planning, Expediting, Inventory and Analysis – responsibility for oversight of production plans and procedures for Teesside. Responsible for training of personnel, preparation of training aids, and transaction accuracy
- Shipping and Warehouse – directing the accuracy of input and output of inventory and the support of department procedures within agreed budgeted targets
- Inventory Management – management of inbound and outbound inventory onsite and offsite in line with external warehouse budget.
- Business Process – continual review of supply chain processes. Implement new or improved supply chain processes
- KPI development and management
The multi award winning culture at KP Snacks is friendly, welcoming and supportive. We encourage everyone to be the best they can be, working together to achieve great results.
Highly competitive base salary
25 days holiday (buy up to an additional 5 days per year)
Lots more great benefits…