Safety, Health and Environment Manager
Our client, a leading international supplier of meat products is looking to appoint a SHE Manager for their site based in Suffolk. Reporting to the Production Director, the primary objective of this role is to provide appropriate advice and support to the Agriculture division and assist in the development, management and promotion of Environmental, Health & Safety management systems.
The SHE Manager will be ensuring that all members of the workforce recognise their own contribution to improve environmental and EHS performance and awareness. This will involve co-ordinating compliance training for the Agriculture division, maintaining accurate computerised records, planning necessary training and ensuring the completion, review and updating of Risk Assessments, Standard Operating Procedures and Codes of Practice.
- Develop, manage and implement the H&S strategy and policies for the Agriculture division
- Develop environmental strategies that ensure corporate sustainable development.
- Carry out waste stream and utility measurement and monitoring.
- Develop a program of H&S risk management (including staff training)
- Maintain and update the following records; accident reporting procedures, risk assessments, COSHH documents, manual handling assessments, fire risk assessments, emergency procedures, equipment training documents
- Develop pollution control, pollution prevention and recycling programmes.
- Audit and report on environmental performance.
- Identify, assess and reduce the organisation’s environmental risks and financial costs.
Skills, qualifications and experience:
- NEBOSH Certificate/equivalent (minimum)
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational H&S/equivalent (desirable)
- NEBOSH Fire Certificate/equivalent desirable
- Must have experience in a Health and Safety role within an agricultural or food manufacturing / processing environment
- Ability to manage and prioritise a busy workflow whilst maintaining stake holder expectations
- Ability to confidently & professionally engage with all stakeholders
- Attention to detail and accurate fact-based reporting & decisions
- Previous track record in delivery of training & workshops
- Ability to interpret data, identify trends & present issues clearly
- Collaborative communication style that builds positive relationships with key stakeholders in multiple locations at different levels
- One of the UK’s leading Meat processors, producing innovative and tasty products
- A Vision to ensure they deliver on their pledge to become one of the UK’s truly great food companies
- A complex and varied range of products, customers and packaging formats
- Sites operating to the highest industry standards, where Food Safety and Quality are a key priority
- A clear Technical Strategy built around a vision of guiding and driving the highest levels of Technical Excellence
The role will involve some travel between sites so the successful candidate must be able to drive
If you have the relevant experience and you are looking for a challenging and interesting role within a leading food company, then this could be the job for you. This position commands a competitive salary plus company car / car allowance and other benefits.
If you are interested, then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4382 with an updated CV.