Are you ready to start your food industry career?
I am recruiting a Quality Controller for a well-established food company based in Cornwall.
- Checking and communicating quality control of produce in line with business guidance, standards and within timescale requirements for the company.
- Directing Intake/Packhouse Operatives on quality control standards required.
- Prioritise produce for quality control as directed by the business.
- Liaise and communicate with managers and other teams of on Quality Control standards.
- Manage health and safety including hygiene standards which impact on quality control requirements. Report any issues to Supervisor/ Managers.
- Check all quality control paperwork has been completed.
- Monitor and report on produce and issues
- Able to give clear and direct communication within timescales set by the business.
- Liaising with the Intake and Packhouse Management team, including supervisors.
- Able to train and advise packhouse operatives and intake teams, including supervisors.
- Implement hygiene and standards of Health and Safety in line with quality control.
- Report and complete documentation where required.
- Previous experience gained within a similar produce quality control environment.
- Understand the quality control standards set by the business; understand all the elements which impact on quality.
- HACCP (desirable)
- IT Competent, able to use spreadsheets, emails, reports, word documents.
- Clear communicator
- Able to work to timescales and prioritise work tasks.
- Resilient with the ability to meet customer specifications as directed.
- Experienced in produce quality control, have a clear understanding of standard requirement s set.
- Able to advise and train employees to meet quality control standards where required.
- Able to complete necessary documentation, including some reports.
What’s on Offer?
- A salary of around £22,000 per annum
- Monday-Saturday- Business Hours
- 20 days holidays + Statutory Holidays
If the above role could be of interest and you would like further information, please call Sully (Sulaimaan Akhtar) at D R Newitt Recruitment on 0131 226 5060 or send an email over to email@example.com.