Are you looking for a new position within a fast-paced manufacturing company?
Alexander Steele are working in partnership with a fantastic food manufacturing company based in West Yorkshire. They are looking for a Production Planning Manager to join the organisation.The purpose of the role is to manage a team of production planners in creating short and medium term production plans that meet customer demand and play a leading role in developing businesses planning processes
The role will be working Monday - Friday office hours and will pay a highly competitive salary depending on your experience.
- Working with the Supply Chain Manager to develop short and medium term production plans.
- Ensuring that the production plans are optimised for Service and Efficiency.Focus on the planning team to own the production plan and to drive the plan forward
- Monitor and report performance against the plan and look to improve adherence to plan.
- Implement metrics for the Planning team and provide training and coaching as required.
- Monitoring sales orders versus forecasted volume, highlighting constraints and working with the operations team to solve issues as they arise.
- Managing stock at risk on finished goods and report on a monthly basis.
- Review long term capacity with the Supply Chain Manager.
- Strong FMCG exposure in a Planning Manager role within food manufacturing sector
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for delivering results
- IT Skills – Excel and Word, knowledge of ERP systems
- Ability to work under pressure and to time constraints in a fast-paced supply chain with focus on Service to our customers
- Ability to implement and manage change
- Able to work collaboratively across functions to meet business goals
If you are interested in this position and would like to find out more, please send through your most recent CV or call Richard Steele on 0131 370 9191