I am working exclusively with a global manufacturing business who are currently seeking a General Manager to have full autonomy of a unit based on site. This position is based in the South West England.
- Efficient running of the site
- Line management for a small team of technically-qualified developers on-site
- Balancing incoming business with resource. Initiating and overseeing sales activities working with the wider business and networks.
- Tracking revenue to meet annual turn-over objectives
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree-level technical/scientific qualification ideally related to food or nutrition (eg food science, technology, engineering, nutrition)
- In excess of 10 years’ experience within a technical or commercial function in the food industry. Deep experience of the product development process, and how it integrates with the business.
- Experience of a service-industry environment or service-orientated function within a company supplying the fmcg sector
- An established network of contacts at senior level in the food/beverage sector
Experience of running/managing a business unit within a large organisation or of managing a small business.
- Putting in place plans to meet annual revenue targets
- Devising and implementing strategies and plans to drive incoming business from food (and associated) businesses to take advantage of networks and cross-sell
- Balancing incoming business with site resources; prioritising to ensure client needs are met.
- Ensuring the evolving human and pilot plant/lab resources within the site meet the clients’ needs
- Deliver a high level of client satisfaction via completion of client projects and programmes on-time and meeting the scoped deliverables.
- Communication with, and participation in, the Leadership Team to ensure close co-operation across the service lines (sensory, consumer research, product development)
Working hours: Monday - Friday 9am-5:30pm
Please feel free to contact me on 0131 226 5060 for a confidential chat. Please ask for Matteo