Quality Assurance Manager
Our client, a leading Food manufacturer supplying to retailers and food service are seeking a Quality Assurance Manager.
• Responsible for managing and optimising human resource and training requirements within the department.
• Responsible for ensuring quality and food safety policies and procedures are being adhered to throughout the factory using various methods and tools.
• Responsible for adhering to operational budgets within the department.
• Responsible for ensuring environmental policies and performance within the factory and the wider environment are being adhered to.
• Responsible for ensuring health and safety policies and procedures within in the factory are being adhered to and ensure safe working practices are being observed.
• The setting of sampling and testing schedules.
• Carry out risk assessments to determine the set of testing and auditing schedules.
• Carry out and ensure the calibration schedule is maintained.
• Imputing and trending of data and producing the site and customer KPI reports to agreed frequency.
• Updating Policies and procedures to maintain ongoing approval to site certification and approval.
• Issuing and controlling the internal audit schedule on site and ensure audits are being carried out to the agreed frequencies.
• A key member of the site HACCP and TACCP team.
• Liaise with planning team re control of stock and raw material control.
• Coordinate the sending of samples to customers following requests of live products.
• Support the site Pest Control arrangements.
• Liaise with NPD team regarding new products launches, factory trials etc.
• Liaise with Customers, EHO and TSO where necessary.
• Liaise with hygiene manufacturing manager to ensure good hygiene standards are maintained.
• Liaise with customer technologists/auditors regarding site/customer visits, audits, etc.
• Evaluation of finished products through taste panels/QAS on site and with customers.
• Ensure retained samples are taken for taste panels, customer requests, and retained samples.
• Meeting KPI targets.
• Degree or equivalent in a scientific discipline, preferably food technology/science related.
• Proven experience and performance in a quality assurance role ideally within a fast-moving food production environment.
• Knowledge of HACCP, GMP, Hygiene, Quality and BRC system accreditation requirements and ideally basic statistical analysis tools.
• Employee management/relationship experience - ability to engage/motivate subordinates and operational teams
• Auditing and problem-solving skills with an eye for detail.
• Capable of working on own initiative & within a team environment.
• Ability to meet demanding deadlines from customers and company.
What’s on offer?
• Salary of up to £40,000 DOE.
• Monday to Friday 08.30 – 17.00.
• Workplace pension.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate experience in a similar technical role within the food industry.
If you are interested in this position please send a copy of your most recent CV to Simon Norris.