Our client is a rapidly growing and expanding supplier of a wide range of exciting, on-trend foods. They are looking to appoint a Technical Manager to take ownership of Food Safety and HACCP processes.
Reporting to and working alongside the Head of Marketing, you will initially be involved in an exciting project to embed new Product Information Management Software.
You will also play a key role in facilitating the company’s ambitious New Product Development pipeline, particularly in the areas of supplier and product approval. As a stand-alone role, the focus is very product-orientated so you will be expected to gain an in-depth knowledge of the products and category and will be someone who can make an impact in the areas of packaging and labelling.
As Technical Manager you will be analysing key metrics to understand trends and translating them into continuous technical improvements.
Responsibilities for the role will include:
- Leading the Technical agenda in the delivery of policies, objectives and KPIs
- Working with suppliers to develop products
- Ensuring integrity of supply chains, this will include supplier auditing and accreditation
- Developing, implementing and maintaining product specification systems
- Developing and implementing HACCP plans for new products and processes
- Developing on-site testing capabilities to provide timely feedback on product and packaging conformance
- Investigating, responding to and analysing customer complaints
- Reducing the number of quality rejections
- Managing and maintaining technical excellence across the business to maintain BRC AA grade and ISO 14001
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Previous Technical or Quality Management experience in a Food Manufacturing or Food Supply Chain environment
- Self-motivated, hands-on individual who can organise their own schedule
- Computer literate and competent with ability to analyse and interpret data
- Clear communicator capable of representing this lively and engaging company
- Resilient individual who will be tenacious in securing the information required from the company’s supplier base
- Good decision maker
- Understanding / Appreciation of Health and Safety
- Familiar with BRC Audit requirements to allow the site to maintain its accreditation.
- Growing company with a hard-working but fun team
- Progressive, truly believes in the power of business to do good things
- Ensures its operation has a positive impact to the environment
- Looks after its people and treats suppliers fairly
- Has a positive effect on the communities in which it operates
- Has an ethical approach to doing business
If you want to grow your career with an ethical company who are expanding rapidly; if you are looking for an exciting role which is not factory-based, managing a great product range, then this could be the job for you. If interested, please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4385 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.
Summary (150 characters or less)
Technical Manager sought for rapidly expanding client. Must have previous Technical or Quality Management experience in Food Manufacturing or Food Distribution environment