Our Client, a fast paced, high volume manufacturer of chilled foods for the major retailers, is looking for an Intake Manager for their site based in Kent. Reporting to the Logistics Manager you will take full control of the Intake team on site. Working closely with other departments, you will ensure your team is correctly skilled to ensure orders are processed efficiently, whilst adhering to customer specifications. You will have the experience and ability to effect change at the grass root level
Key accountabilities for the role are:
- Ensuring all orders are processed efficiently, compliantly and within required time limit.
- All aspects of Health and Safety are complied with on a daily basis
- All working procedures are clearly defined and trained out where needed
- Managing the development and motivation of the shift, ensuring all productivity and quality objectives are consistently met
- Managing and monitoring the training required to carry out duties (including forklift legal requirements).
- Must have strong oral/written communication skills and a confident telephone manner.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong leadership and motivational skills.
- Have good level of computer literacy (especially Excel).
- To ensure good housekeeping and hygienic storage of used pallets and dirty trays
Essential skills and experience include:
- Experienced in a warehouse supervisory / management role.
- Have worked within a Food Supply or Food Manufacturing business with previous logistics experience.
- Strong management skills – must have experience of dealing with matters such as absence from work, time and attendance, disciplinary matters etc.
- Previous experience managing and building a team.
- Team player.
- Driving licence
- Forklift truck License.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to work on a tactical and strategic level.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven knowledge of warehouse policies and procedures.
- Planning and organisation skills.
- Technical and IT Skills, particularly when it comes to Warehouse Management Systems.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
The working hours of this role are 40 hours a week and the working pattern will need to flexible as the factory operates 24/7. A competitive salary of £40-45k per annum is offered, dependent upon experience.
- A well-established multi-site chilled food manufacturer
- Modern and well invested sites
- Supplying major retailers across the UK
If you are a customer-focused individual with the ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team from the front then this could be the role for you. If you are interested in applying for this role please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4386 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.