Quality Assurance Manager
Are you ready for the next stage of your Quality career?
My client is a major plastics manufacturer based in Nottinghamshire, looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to provide day to day leadership and control of the QA team.
- Determine, negotiate and agree on in-house quality procedures, standards and specifications.
- Carry out independent quality checks within production and warehouses to ensure product specifications and in-house testing are followed.
- Plan and organise customer audits.
- Be lead auditee for all customer specific and regulatory audits.
- Investigate, liaise, determine route cause analysis and implement preventative action for customer complaints and Non-conformances.
- Conduct independent PPE audits.
- Conduct independent warehouse and goods out checks.
- Update on-line portals with product information and testing.
- Manage and update Sedex Global account, as and when required.
- Control and manage product testing.
- Work with production management and staff to ensure housekeeping standards are met.
- Work with production team to create new methods of working
- Work in conjunction with other departments to establish procedures for the production, packaging and palletising of new products.
- Work together with operating staff to establish, improve and introduce new ways of working.
- Act as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality.
- Monitor performance through reports and independent audits.
- Have a good awareness of health and safety and be part of the H&S committee.
- Investigate and work with health and safety committee to establish standards for quality and H&S.
- Identify and determine training needs.
- Have a good understanding of Goods In and Goods out.
- Engage with other departments to continuously improve working methods.
- Any other duties that are deemed quality critical.
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant Quality Control / Assurance experience
- A confident individual who is IT competent
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good numerical skills and an understanding of statistics
- Drive and passion for the Quality of the products and customer fulfilment
- Be able to work in a fast-paced customer focused environment
- Planning and organisational skills
- Team working Skills
- Problem solving skills
- Have good attention to detail
- Ability to lead and engage
- Ability to challenge and motivate
- Ability to facilitate and deliver training
What’s on Offer?
- A salary of around £35,000 per annum
- Monday–Friday - 8:30-17:00
- 20 Days Holidays + 8 Statutory Holidays
If the above role could be of interest and you would like further information, please call Sully (Sulaimaan Akhtar) at D R Newitt Recruitment on 0131 226 5060 or send an email over to firstname.lastname@example.org.