Environmental and Sustainability Manager
Our client is one of the UK's largest and most accomplished food businesses, and due to continued expansion and to the changing environmental landscape they are now looking for an Environmental and Sustainability Manager to join the team.
Reporting in to the Technical Director, this role will to support the business in implementing goals around sustainable sourcing and their Corporate Social responsibility through the supply chains and manufacturing sites. You will be tasked with ensuring the international labour and human rights standards are compliant in the supply chains. Working closely with the procurement and technical teams you will help to prevent, identify and remediate key business risks, whilst driving their CSR and environmental agenda.
The role will include:
- Leading, developing and reviewing the implementation of a sustainable Environmental improvement plan with key targets and stretch goals and communicating this across the business.
- Develop, co-ordinate and introduce processes to support the implementation of an Environmental Management System undertaking impact assessments on new legislation or customer requirements.
- Lead and develop a full Environmental Impact Assessment programme.
- Build internal capability and develop communications, training materials and supplier integrity programmes that deliver ethical trade commitments across suppliers and customers e.g. Plan A M&S.
- Manage supply base through Sedex membership, audit etc., and ensure fully up to date and communicated at all times.
Who we are looking for?
You will clearly have experience of environment and sustainability management either from a retailer or a larger food/FMCG business, either way you will understand complex supply chains with a number of key stakeholders. In particular we need someone:
- Enthusiastic and Passionate about sustainable sourcing and food
- Experienced at implementing responsible sourcing programs, with good technical subject matter knowledge on food sustainability
- A strong understanding of international labour and human rights standards and their application within complex business environments, procurement arenas and global value chains.
- Technical knowledge on other topics such as packaging, waste, social responsibility
- A customer obsessed problem solver who keeps the customer at the heart of decision making on sustainability topics
- Someone with a keen ability to influence and form strong partnerships with business teams
- 5 Years of experience in food and / or sustainability (both preferred)
Get in touch with Henderson Brown today to view all of our current food jobs and fresh produce jobs and also to find out more about our fresh produce recruitment and food recruitment services.