Production/ Operations Manager
A new vacancy has arisen for an experienced Production/Operations Manager for an ambient food manufacturer based in the Midlands.
You will responsible for overseeing shift activity within the Production departments to ensure products are produced in line with customer requirements, whilst ensuring safety, cost and quality guidelines are met.
You will be required to lead and develop a team of Section Supervisors to drive both individual and departmental KPIs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Promote a positive Health & Safety culture through communication and employee engagement.
- Leadership, Management and Continuous Improvement of all areas and the employees working in them, ensuring customer expectations are met and exceeded.
- Managing the production operation ensuring targets are met whilst maximising productivity to minimise cost.
- Ensure line scheduling and labour allocation are optimised to fulfil customer requirements.
- Support Technical function to ensure products are produced in line with food safety standards.
- Working with equipment suppliers to develop our manufacturing systems.
- Effective learning and development, coach and increase managers/team leader’s ability.
- Developing good internal relationships with functional heads of departments to drive down cost and increase achievement against KPI’s/SLA’s and customer requirements
- Lead the cross functional teams to ensure all employees working in the functions are motivated and have the skills, capabilities and resources to meet the growing business needs.
- Ensure the training and development needs of your team are identified and addressed.
Skills and experience required:
- An experienced Operations/Production Manager with sufficient gravitas to be a member of the site management team who has managed similar production & site operations
- A strong leader, with the confidence to be independent in a fast paced senior role
- Experienced gained from a FMCG environment, along with working knowledge of the food/retail industry
- CI knowledge/experience in a Production environment
- Proven people management skills
- Able to deal effectively with challenging situations
- Knowledge of H&S requirements in a Production environment
- NEBOSH qualified
- ILM qualified
- Level 4 Advanced Food Safety & HACCP
For more information, contact Harriet on 07305 046 686 or email Harriet@recruitment-wolf.co.uk