Exciting Capital Procurement Opportunity
We are looking to recruit an experienced Buyer to lead the centralised UK wide procurement for Capital, Equipment, and associated services.
This is a new role which will help deliver a step change in Greencore’s production capability across the UK. Working in a cross functional team you, as an experienced and rounded procurement professional, will be the commercial lead to deliver a multi-million pound investment over the next few years. The main focus of this role is to design procurement solutions that will support the selection of new strategic partners, fast implementation of equipment, whilst delivering excellent whole life costs and minimal operational down-time.
You will also act as an agent for change across the business for the roll out of an improved capital expenditure process, ensuring effective procurement and challenging existing ways of working to deliver best practice. This will incorporate everything from procurement strategy, to supplier negotiations and through to contracting and supplier performance management.
- Leading and supporting negotiations, supplier selection and contracting
- Advising and guiding relevant stakeholders concerning all procurement matters and bringing creative purchasing ideas to improve outcomes.
- Ensure the business achieves value from contracts and supplier management.
- Developing sourcing and category plans to support the business needs
- Identifying and delivering value for money/efficiency opportunities through procurement
- Successful history of capital equipment sourcing
- Enjoys working in teams in a challenging (but fun) environment
- Ability to use initiative and creativity to resolve issues and optimise the results
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and implement recommendations
- Demonstrable commercial acumen combined with negotiation skills, at pace
- Demonstrate ability to influence stakeholders up to board level.
- Degree level or relevant qualifications (preferably MCIPS)
- UK travel - driving licence required