Purchasing Controller - Indirects
The successful applicant will manage a small team of buyers responsible for capital purchasing and related areas of spend across the Greencore group. This is a fast growing area in Greencore with innovative plans to step change our production processes and ways of working. We are therefore looking for someone that can work in a fast paced, changing environment and can bring purchasing, process and leadership skills to deliver a real difference to Greencore.
Reporting to the Indirect Purchasing Director, you will use your expertise to ensure that the business obtains value for money for the goods and services that it procures. You will act as an agent for change across selected areas in the business, ensuring effective procurement of goods and services and bringing best practice and a commercial focus. This would incorporate everything from procurement strategy, supplier negotiations through to contracting, effective implementation across a multi-site business and supplier performance management. There is the opportunity to influence the way Indirects Purchasing develops in a growing organisation.
This role would best suit someone with extensive procurement experience in a number of indirect categories including capital purchasing, with a successful approach to the management of teams. The successful candidate will have a hands-on approach as well as the ability to operate strategically and influence key stakeholders in the business.
- Leading a team of bright, enthusiastic buyers
- Developing sourcing and category plans to support the business needs
- Step changing the identification of value for money/efficiency opportunities
- Partnering with relevant stakeholders concerning all procurement matters
- Leading and supporting negotiations, supplier selection and contracting
- Ensure the business achieves value from contracts and supplier management.
- Supporting improvements to our purchasing processes.
- Management experience with coaching expertise & team development skills
- Successful history of strategic sourcing and savings delivery
- Demonstrable commercial acumen combined with negotiation skills
- Demonstrate ability to influence stakeholders up to board level.
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and implement recommendations
- Ability to use initiative to operate in a multi-discipline or multi-functional environment
- Degree level or relevant qualifications (preferably MCIPS)
- UK travel