Engineering Controller - Northampton & FTG
Do you have experience in capital management, Asset Care and Compliance? Are you an enthusiastic and passionate individual looking to improve and drive engineering performance? Are you looking for a new engineering challenge within the food industry?
We are currently recruiting for an Engineering Controller to based in Manton Wood looking after our Food to go division.
- Aligned leadership- Design & deploy Greencore Manufacturing Excellence (GME) in Engineering – to include Capital Management, Asset care & safety. Ensure plans in place to drive function to best in class.
- Develop the Group Engineering policies & procedures, ensuring they are clearly communicated & implemented across the Group, in line with best practice & legislation.
- Performance Routines & KPIS – Ensuring have a defined set of measures across the business to support strategy, being reviewed at correct frequency by correct people at desired quality.
- Aligned Lean Interventions – ensuring teams are equipped with relevant improvement tools/processes to achieve strategic goals. Ensure Blueprints are in place for Key processes &Ways of Working.
- Ensure there is a defined spares strategy & work with central purchasing to optimise the costs of parts & services, continually improving the quality of service & performance from the suppliers.
- Aligned org model- Ensuring Resources are aligned to strategy and we have a defined organisational design, based on scale & complexity, to support Engineering excellence. Ensure plans in place to develop functional capability & labour / skill sustainability.
- Supporting Systems & Technology - Lead & manage the development & application of Engineering systems across the Business Unit, ensuring a common functionality & develop capability of users to enable best practice performance and working in line with strategies.
- Facilitate and coordinate the Engineering forum ensuring best practice is shared & Group wide initiatives are progressed through local teams. Driving standardisation and accelerated improvement delivery.
- Promote the sustainability and energy reduction agenda and across the engineering community to reduce environmental impact- ensure all sites have improvement plans in place.
- Ensure legislative compliance for the Business through periodic audit and benchmarking to enable consistency across the Group and lead the teams in gap closure and improvement activity.
- Monitor and review team capability, ensuring all staff are clearly focused on their key objectives and developed to maximise their potential
- HND/Degree or equivalent calibre
- Proven track record of leading an Engineering department & defining & deploying strategy across multiple sites.
- Understands business, particularly FMCG, financial and operational indicators.
- Able to use engineering metrics to support and progress the business
- Experience of leading Manufacturing Excellence preferably in an FMCG environment.
- Knowledge of full Asset care strategies and processes and ability to define strategy based on business needs.
- Experience in driving a safety culture in Engineering / Operations
- Change management- experience of leading complex change
- Experienced in successful system deployment across multiple sites.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).