Michael Page Engineering and Manufacturing are working in partnership with a prestigious food manufacturing business based in Peterborough. The business are in search of an experienced Technical Manager, to join their expanding team.
This Peterborough based manufacturing business produce a wide range of foods, in both high and low care environments. They are market leader within their field and renowned for their innovative and passionate approach. The Technical Manager will be crucial in leading a multidisciplinary team, to deliver against the business strategy, and ensure strict compliance to all necessary internal and external requirements.
The Technical Manager at this Peterborough based business will have the following key responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, communicate and maintain an effective Quality Management System, to ensure the site Quality Systems and Policies are in compliance with group and external requirements
- Writing technical system reports and using statistical data to drive a range of continuous improvement initiatives
- Defining quality compliance procedures, setting up and maintaining a range of effective controls and documentation procedures
- Liaising with customers, auditors, and ensuring the execution of corrective action and compliance with customers' specifications
- Provide effective leadership across levels of the business, by effectively communicating business goals, agreeing team and individual objectives and offering timely feedback
The successful Technical Manager for this Peterborough business will have the following attributes:
- Degree qualified, or equivalent experience - within Food Science/Technology, or a related discipline
- Strong and demonstrable experience of food manufacturing quality and technical management - with Level 3 or above in Food Hygiene, HACCP, Microbiology and Allergen Management
- Excellent awareness of ethical and SEDEX (Supplier Ethical Data Exchange) management and requirements
- Outstanding communication skills, in order to effectively lead a multidisciplinary and negotiate with both suppliers and contractors alike
Competitive salary, plus package