Technical & Regulatory Executive Central London
This well-known organisation acts as the voice of the UK food and drink industry - the largest manufacturing sector in the country. Working in partnership with global brands and thriving small businesses, you will ensure food is safe, affordable and nutritious, keeping consumers informed and ultimately up to date with current related.
The business now seeks to recruit a Technical and Regulatory Executive to support in work related project with clients and to act as their main put of contact on technical and regulatory issues. The job holder will also assist members on food policy issues, develop position papers (where relevant) and gather supporting data, as well as supporting colleagues and liaising with relevant stakeholders on key issues.
- Monitoring scientific, technical and regulatory developments, including the study and analysis of relevant UK Government, EU and Codex Alimentarius policies and proposals.
- Undertaking industry consultations, including data collation and analysis, and providing information and advice to members, sector associations and groups.
- Assisting with the representation of policies to all appropriate external bodies, including FSA, PHE, BEIS, EU institutions and Food Drink Europe.
- Preparation and circulation of committee and secretariat papers.
- Developing, reviewing and implementing policy in respect of specified areas.
- Attending and reporting on relevant Food Drink Europe and external meetings and pursuing actions arising.
- Communicating policies clearly and accurately, by keeping members informed through appropriate channels and by ensuring that the relevant sections of the website are kept up-to-date.
- Working collaboratively with supply chain trade associations to ensure that policies and lobbying activities are aligned and optimised wherever possible.
- Assisting in the prevention and management of incidents, including provision of weekly RASFF report.
- Knowledge of the food and drink industry and government bodies
- Technical expertise in food safety and regulatory issues
- Relevant experience in industry, trade association or similar organisation is desirable
- Strong ability to manage a diverse workload and a wide range of issues
- Good ability to sustain a range of working relationships
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good administrative ability
- IT literate with experience of Word, PowerPoint and Excel
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable to email@example.com.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.