My FMCG client based in Leicestershire are currently seeking a Buyer to join their evolving Procurement team. The main purpose of the role is to assist the Procurement Manager and is suitable for someone with previous multi-material packaging experience who is looking to take the next step in their career.
My client are the global market-leader, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a multi-billion turnover who are continuing to grow both organically and through acquisition.
Key duties of the Buyer role:
- Independently manage own category base through QCLDM model with the view of driving best value the company
- Submit and present QCLDM reports to line manager for strategic review
- Produce, present and implement category plans for strategic review
- Drive and initiate cost reduction initiatives through regular market testing/tender projects
- Identify and present new suppliers detailing commercial and QCLDM analysis
- Work with the Supply Chain Manager to identify problem suppliers, devise and implement improvement plans with clear root cause and corrective action analysis
- Monitor and maintain enquiry logs, savings trackers, product specification database, and procurement whiteboard
The successful candidate for the role of Buyer based in Leciestershire, will have previous Buying experience and a good understanding of the P2P process. You will have experience of working in a busy environment, processing high volumes of work and ability to produce work to an excellent standard, paying meticulous attention to detail at all times
You will have excellent communication, interpersonal and IT skills, with the ability to deal with both internal and external customers. You will have a can-do, flexible attitude, with the willingness to adapt as the role changes and develops.
The successful candidate for the role of Buyer will be offered c. £25,000 plus package.