Home based - Need to be accessible to Nottingham Salary: Competitive
Food Innovations are a rapidly expanding business supplying innovative products into the home baking sector for major supermarkets and other B2B.
The team is excited to be advertising for this new role which has come about due to organic growth of the business. The Food Innovations NPD team are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual. In this role you are responsible for the cycle of a new product from brief / conception through appropriate raw material supply to delivery across the group.
The successful candidate will have an in-depth understanding of product specification with exposure to a wide variety of components, including but not limited to packaging and food ingredients. You will be able to develop close working relationships with the account managers and developer in order to build incremental volume and profit. Communicating and reporting into the NPD Manager on all project activity.
Main Accountabilities of Role:
- Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic to tactical activities, including artwork, printers, suppliers, internal departments, sampling processes, trials and sign-offs.
- Work with suppliers to develop products and produce samples to fit a customer’s brief.
- Specifying market requirement for current and future products by conducting market research and identifying trends.
- Managing and co-ordinating critical paths.
- Early stage micro management of sales data to review success rates.
- Responsibility for ongoing assessment and reporting of profitability by item and understanding costs involved.
- Costings – Working with internal and external departments to establish the most cost effective plan for the finished product.
- Range review / development including EPD and NPD.
- Gap analysis of the specific category.
- End to end product launch controls, evaluate and execute post launch success rates and improvements in new product performance based on customer feedback.
- Generate regular project updates and KPI’SI for NPD manager.
- Generation of new innovation concepts to retain our competitive edge
- Achieve timelines and deadlines agreed in the critical path and customers critical path
- Effective communication, collaboration with all stakeholders