Shift Production Supervisor
I am currently working on behalf of the Mayborn Group who are now looking to recruit two Shift Production Supervisors to be based at the Sangenic manufacturing plant in Mansfield. If you are looking for long term stability within a global organisation who are committed to employee development, please apply exclusively below.
As an award-winning brand The Mayborn Group was launched in the UK over 50 years ago and was founded with one simple goal, to make everyday life just a little easier for parents around the world. With manufacturing facilities based in, Morocco, China and Mansfield as a global leader and world-class research and development company Mayborn have the vision to be the world's most loved Baby Company. My client are now looking to recruit two, Shift Production Supervisors to be based at the Sangenic International manufacturing plant in Mansfield.
As the Shift Production Supervisor you will report directly into the Mansfield Manufacturing Plant Manager to provide a support function in the delivery of operational KPI's in line with business strategy. This role will assist in the delivery of people management, safety, quality, cost control, and delivery through the implementation of cross-functional working between departments. In addition you will build relationships with external agencies as the initial site liaison, co-ordinating the delivery of a successful production induction in line with Sangenic's Global H&S Policy.
- Responsible for leading a shift and fully accountable for managing employee relations issues effectively and independently, ensuring Company HR policies are followed and all actions take place in line with current legislation.
- Owner of performance management of the department, including absence management, poor management of underperformance and misconduct, implementing disciplinary action where appropriate.
- Compliance with all relevant H&S legislation and company policy with regards to safety of people and equipment to ensure the provision of a safe working environment.
- Responsible for the approval of holidays and the completion of payroll checks, including the clearing of anomalies, entering of absence, and the approval of any overtime (which shall be prior approved by the Production Manager).
- Responsible for the health, safety and welfare of employees and any other persons who are under their control, including the allocation of necessary resources, both in terms of time and finances, to enable employees to carry out their roles safely.
- To take personal action to stop or suspend any activity that may be dangerous or is not carried out in line with the EHS Management System, and to bring any such issues or breaches of statutory requirements to the attention of the Group H&S Manager and / or Executive Team.
- Inspire Leadership and personal development of the operations team, including Operators and Team Leaders
- To ensure that each team has the relevant skillset on the shop floor i.e. Packers or Filler operators when required.
- Ensure shift handovers follow the standardised format with the incoming & outgoing shift Supervisor, QC and Technical team.
- Verifying and inputting of Production activities log through the daily use of BOS data.
- Delegation and management of operations to team members.
- Ensure ordering and returns of components & packaging is done correctly maintain the correct Kanban levels throughout.
- Ensure the delivery and continuous management of Health & Safety requirements for the shop floor through the management of the 'Yellow Card System'.
- Encouraging a teamwork ethic throughout the 2 x site shift patterns both 24/5 and 24/6, and ensuring consistent treatment and processes.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a Team Leader, Shift Manager or Production Supervisor position.
- Manufacturing or FMCG experience is essential.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to lead improvement teams and communicate the results to the wider organisation.
- Possesses a high level of computing skills with proven experience in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Organised and Analytical with the ability to utilise systems and improve processes.
- Possesses leadership and influencing skills with the ability to collaborate both internally and externally.
- Ability to influence and motivate others in a positive manner across all departments.
As the Shift Production Supervisor you will receive a competitive salary and the following benefits:
- Competitive salary.
- Bonus Scheme.
- Private Health Care.
- Medicash cash plan scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Onsite benefits such as massage and chiropody on a monthly basis.