The procurement coordinator role based in Reading is to join a leading FMCG business.
My client is a leading FMCG business that due to rapid growth is looking for a procurement coordinator to join their team on a permanent basis based in Reading.
The key responsibilities for the Procurement Coordinator based in Reading will be as follows:
- To respond to requests for procurement support either in person, via phone or electronically
- To diagnose and resolve on a 1st time fix a high proportion of queries & requests.
- To research questions using available information resources
- To advise procurement user on appropriate action aligned to Group & departmental policy.
- To follow standard support desk procedures & policies whilst offering appropriate enhancement suggestions.
- To formally log all support desk interactions utilising the agreed mechanisms
- To appropriately administer support desk software & documentation.
- To re-direct 'non 1st time fix' problems to appropriate resource and close out with the procurement user once guidance or direction has been received.
- To identify and escalate situations or queries requiring urgent attention.
- To track and route problems & requests and document resolutions
- To prepare activity reports and deliver requested management information and reports.
- To identify and inform management of recurring problems or queries.
- To remain up to date and current with processes, policies, systems, data and associated information.
- To Contribute and support the business in the ongoing development of the purchasing department & it's strategy.
- To liaise & communicate procurement initiatives & procedural amendments to all stakeholders.
- To help develop, maintain and communicate a preferred supplier and approved product/service list for all categories.
- To lead, co-ordinate and / or facilitate appropriate departmental, supplier or cross-functional workstreams.
- To conduct procurement activity in accordance with stated ethics, CSR and other procurement and legal policies
- To maintains an effective communication structure detailing stakeholder and supplier contacts
- To carry out additional reasonable requests made by Group management.
The successful candidate for the Procurement Coordinator role will have the following skill set:
- Suitable 'O' or GSCE qualifications essential with suitable 'A' qualifications preferred.
- Demonstrates a track record of developing and maintaining stakeholder and supplier relationships.
- Demonstrates track record in excellent communication skills (all mediums)
The Successful Candidate for the Procurement Coordinator role will be exposed to tonnes of career progression and knowledge within the Procurement and Supply Chain function. The role offers a competitive salary for an Entry Level role as well as package.