Quality Systems Manager - Food
Quality Systems Manager - Food
Job Reference: GG/5589
Are you interested in taking the next step in your Technical career with a well-established and growing food manufacturer at their state-of-the-art facility based in a beautiful part of the UK?
If so, please read on.
Established over 60 years ago, this family-run business has a strong set of values and is quality focused. Their customers include some of Britain's biggest retailers as well as international food service companies.
The Quality Systems Manager is responsible for the development and maintenance of all policies and procedures that form the Quality Management System to ensure that the business fulfils its requirements and the requirements of our customers.
- Amend, review and update the documentation within the Food Safety and Quality Manual and the HACCP Manual.
- Conduct risk assessments of potential new suppliers in conjunction with the Purchasing Department.
- Ensure that the Supplier List, and all the information necessary for monitoring them, is kept up to date and that all information such as SAQ's and third-party certification is valid.
- Ensure that all raw material risk assessments are up-to-date and are reviewed in line with emerging issues and requirements such as food fraud and vulnerability.
- Ensuring that there are fully completed up-to-date and signed specifications on file for existing and new raw materials and packaging materials.
- Prepare, maintain and update the supplier audit plan and undertake the annual supplier monitoring review in conjunction with the Purchasing Department and manage non-conformances arising from supplier audits.
- Prepare, maintain and update the internal audit plan for the Quality Management System and ensure that all internal audits are undertaken, completed and closed within agreed timescales. Including managing and supporting the internal audit team.
- Keep up-to date with all third-party requirements including BRC, MSC, RSPCA and RSPO and arrange and manage all third-party audits and EHO/TSO visits.
- Ensure that all non-conformances arising from audits are verified and closed. This includes internal audits, supplier audits, third party audits and EHO/TSO visits.
- Reviewing non-conformances from internal and external audits in order to identify areas of improvement.
- Undertake mock recall test annually.
- Undertake additional work as required by the Head of Technical and other members of the senior management team.
- Deputise for the Head of Technical as and when required.
- A passion for delivering results and the drive to exceed expectations.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- The ability to work under pressure to achieve deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be flexible to meet business needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- A team player.
- Self-motivated and a strong commitment to personal development.
- Professional approach and attitude.
- Level 4 Award in Food Safety in Manufacturing.
- Level 3 Award in HACCP in Food Manufacturing.
- Practical experience of HACCP.
- Understanding of external standards including BRC, RSPO
- Knowledge of food legislation.
Get in touch! If you think this role is for you, send your CV to email@example.com with GG/5589 as a subject or give me a call on 0161 832 7463.