Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
We are on the hunt for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer for a unique food manufacturer based in Northamptonshire.
Reporting into the Engineering Supervisor and lead Engineer, the purpose of the Maintenance Engineer is to effectively maintain the equipment and control systems within the factory ensuring operational quality is upheld, focussing on safety, output, product quality, cost effectiveness and the preservation and improvement of the company’s machinery. Ensure root cause analysis and problem solving techniques are carried out to maximise the efficiency and safety of plant and machinery, to ensure Production are able to meet their targets on time, on cost and to set quality standards. Work with production colleagues in a Continuous Improvement environment to improve equipment reliability.
- Be proactive and responsive to breakdowns in the plant and with the equipment in a safe manner that meets the day-to-day needs of the production department.
- Build strong awareness of departmental needs thereby maximising production output and ensuring the smooth flow of the operation.
- Communicate effectively with Production Team Leaders, Operators and all staff
- Contribute to the upkeep of all relevant documentation.
- Ensure both group and individual objectives are positively progressed in line with company Maintenance Strategy, and positively contribute to site initiatives as requested.
- Work with the factory planned maintenance system to both develop and complete planned maintenance routines whilst constantly monitoring the effectiveness of the system.
- Raise PO requisitions for spare parts as required and liaise with the Engineering Services Support Controller to ensure appropriate stock levels are maintained and complying with budgetary constraints.
- Implement performance improvement projects as identified by the Engineering and Operational teams.
- Provide training to Operators / setters in basic maintenance skills.
- Manage small projects as per the site plan and in conjunction with the Maintenance Manager or appointed project lead.
- Be responsible for identifying faults and assessing and communicating the effects on production, taking into account likely times scales for resolution and consequences of downtime.
- Identify when safety standards can be improved and take appropriate action to implement improvements.
What we are looking for:
- Educated in Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering to City and Guilds or NVQ level
- Completion of an apprenticeship.
- Must be multi skilled, ideally to 60% electrical 40% mechanical, or visa-versa.
- Proven ability to actively apply skills in a safe and effective manner.
- Relevant food/liquid manufacturing experience, or equivalent area of business, i.e.; pharmaceutical
- A logical fault finding approach to breakdowns and problem solving.
- Sense of urgency whilst never compromising safety or product quality.
- Pro-active, ability to work within and drive through continuous improvement initiatives.
This role has a 4 on 4 off shift pattern covering both days and nights.
Salary: £42,000 (+OT)
For more information, get in touch with Harriet on 07305 046 686 or email Harriet@recruitment-wolf.co.uk