Are you a recent graduate in a food/science/nutrition discipline, or currently working and looking for an exciting role where you will have the opportunity to learn and develop your career in food technology?
If so, we have an exciting developmental opportunity for a Food Technologist to join us, and work as an ambassador for NSF with our technical services team, based in the Whitbread office in Dunstable.
• Working closely with our technical team, as well as Whitbread chefs, buyers, marketeers, and suppliers to deliver safe and legal products of the quality our customers expect.
• Providing support to our experienced technical team to ensure technical standards are met through data capture and reporting on product standards, surveillance testing, auditing, and product specifications.
• Working with the technologists on reviewing menus, allergy, and nutrition data
• Acting as the office-based point of contact providing friendly and professional customer service and developing position relationships with the client and suppliers
• Delivering systems support for the team, operating as the systems expert for all application and system needs across the department
• Managing the weekly and monthly reporting process to ensure all data is collated and available at required deadlines
• Raising invoices and liaising with the finance team to ensure reporting is correct
• Coordinating the laboratory testing programme, liaising with the laboratory and the depot inspectors to collect samples, report results and escalate issues
This is a fantastic varied development opportunity to work with an experienced team of Technical experts in a role which will enable you to develop your technical skills and grow your technical career within NSF.
We are seeking a person who is committed, enthusiastic confident and driven with the following experience/knowledge/skills/abilities:
• Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers at all levels
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills
• High level of numeracy
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
• Demonstrate a positive and committed “can do “attitude
• Excellent organisational skills
• Problem-solving skills
• Strong team worker
• Ability to work under pressure either alone or in a team
• GCSE English and Maths or equivalent
• Experience with web-based specification and supplier management database systems (preferred)
You will be based at the Whitbread office in Dunstable.
Whitbread PLC is the UK's largest operator of hotels and restaurants, with some of the UK’s most successful hospitality brands; including Premier Inns, Beefeater, Brewer’s fayre and Table Table.
NSF International work in partnership with Whitbread providing technical services with an embedded technical team. NSF International is a recognised leader in inspection, certification, technical services, training and consulting services for the food industry.
The Benefits Package
• £Competitive Salary
• Bupa Cashplan
• 25 days holiday
This is a great time to be joining NSF/Whitbread, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. No agency interest please.