Trading Law Manager
Trading Law Manager
Are you a committed and driven individual with great project management skills and expert knowledge of food and non-food trading law?
If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for you to join our team as a Regulatory Affairs & Trading Law Manager within our Consulting & Technical Services Division.
You will work with the Head of Consulting to develop, implement, and manage all NSF regulatory affairs/trading law programs for assigned key clients. You will be a subject matter expert on trading law for food and non-food, project managing key clients whilst serving as the primary point of contact.
You will have the opportunity to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Proactively manage all regulatory affairs/trading law programmes
- Undertake/lead trading law/regulatory affairs consulting projects
- Provide regulatory and trading law advice for the full range of food and non-food consumer products
- Act as the expert in relation to food labelling, enforcement challenges, allergen management and other dietary requirements
- Lead proposal generation for trading law/regulatory affairs opportunities and support wider proposal development
- Provide guidance to assist with marketing and advertising sign off for key clients and provide support in relation to menu claims
- Coordinate projects to deliver solutions to EU and international requests for product legality and compliance.
- Coordinate horizon scanning activity to ensure that relevant emerging issues are identified to the client
- Provide liaison with external bodies on behalf of clients and programs, e.g. trade associations, national food safety agencies and non-governmental organisations and act as an NSF spokesperson for identified areas of technical expertise
We are looking for a confident and driven individual with the following experience, abilities, and qualifications:
- Relevant qualifications and competence and a full member of the Chartered Trading Standards Institute
- Substantial knowledge and experience of all relevant food safety legislation in this field
- Strong and demonstrable project management experience
- Experience of preparing business proposals and quotations
- In depth knowledge/understanding and the ability to demonstrate the practical application of:
- Food Law and Food Issues Management with particular application to retail, manufacturing and multi-outlet catering operations e.g. pack
- Development of technical standards, guidelines, Codes of Practice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, highly numerate and the ability to negotiate on technical matters at all interface levels.
- The ability to project manage to achieve high levels of performance aligned to KPI’s
- Able to liaise effectively at all levels within NSF International, with clients, with client’s suppliers and with other external organisations
- Highly computer-literate, particularly with regard to practical experience of technical data/information maintenance and dissemination
- Extensive knowledge of detailed legislation and an ability to summarise key business critical issues
- Listen to client’s needs to determine other NSF services which might be applicable to the client
- The job holder must be in possession of a full driving license and be flexible to travel in the UK and abroad.
The Benefits Package
- £Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Private Health Care
- Pension scheme
At NSF International, our mission is to protect and improve human health. We're a global leader in standards development, testing, auditing, certification and training. We provide these services for a diverse set of industries including food, water, health sciences, sustainability and management systems.
We’re passionate about the work we do, because together, we have a broad impact on our world.
This is a great time to be joining our team here at NSF and we look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. No agency interest please.