Process Technologist, Oldham, Food Manufacturing
The Company is a c£160million business which supplies cakes and desserts to service the own brands of major retailers, there are two sites both based in the North West at Oldham and Bolton.
Their products include, high end celebration cake products, slab cakes and mainstream desserts, they mostly supply Marks & Spencer's although they also supply major retailers including Sainsburys, Tescos Co-op and Aldi and Morrisons.
The Company is a profitable business with a clear commercial strategy and a strong relationship with its customers and suppliers through its energy, style and commitment to partner relationships and quality.
They currently have a vacancy for a Process Technologist to join their forward thinking NPD team at their Oldham site.
Key example accountabilities for this role are as follows: -
- Ensuring product concepts from the Concept Team are up scaled in the factory for timely and accurate delivery to our retail customers.
- Plan, manage and control factory trials and resolve and co-ordinate internal and external issues to remove roadblocks to launches
- Project manage critical path processes and meetings to ensure all relevant plans are adhered to and successful launch result with agreed dates and costings
- Liaise effectively with Senior Process Technologist to determine key development priorities within their area.
- Challenge product reformulations to include recipe improvements and Value Optimisation customer needs.
- Work collaboratively with the packaging team to ensure packaging technology and innovation is an integral part of the development process
- Manage and review product costings and ensure that trial budgets are managed within budget and in conjuction with the factory
- Drive innovation and creatrivity in order to ensure Park Cakes products are recognised as best products in class and significantly cutting edge and superior to competitors.
- Liaise with the retailers and the Commercial department to ensure that the NPD teams are aligned against all development projects and the NPD creates concepts that are practical commercial propositions that are best in class
- Support the Process Manager /NPD Controller and ensure cross functional teams are co-ordinated ,briefed and are working in support of NPD strategy and KPI's
The Ideal Candidate:
- Food related qualifications and/or several years' experience in large scale Food Manufacture, preferably within Bakery or Desserts.
- Strong presentation, communication and engagement skills.
- Good network and knowledge of suppliers, raw materials and equipment.
- An understanding of key food safety principles, including HACCP.
- Critical eye for detail.
- Demonstrate forward thinking and long term planning capabilities.
- Ability to problem solve to facilitate concept ideation through factory delivery.
- Organisation skills in order to enable delivery of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good influencing and negotiation skills.
- A good understanding of costing principles and ideally a knowledge and experience of Recipe Professor
- Salary £28,000 - £34,000 dependent upon experience
- 25 days holiday a year and 8 statutory holidays
- Money purchase pension scheme with 2% contribution of salary
- Discount scheme operating across several online and high street retailers
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.