KP Snacks Teesside (Home of McCoys...)
Competitive Salary and Great Benefits!
As part of the Intersnack Group this is an exciting time at our Teesside site as we introduce new ways of working through our Intersnack Work Systems (IWS) and experience significant investment across the site including the introduction of new technology. Focused on our people we are committed to building capability as well as creating exciting job and development opportunities.
Leading the Line Structure Team you will ensure that all the activities you complete are aligned to the Intersnack Work System (IWS) which is our organisational capability building programme aimed at achieving and sustaining breakthrough business results, through 100% employee involvement, with a zero loss mindset.
What is IWS?
IWS (Intersnack Work System) provides a fully integrated approach to optimise our Supply Chains; a major investment for all 28 Intersnack plants; it is not a project, it is a long term culture change and methodology – the new Intersnack way of working.
IWS focuses on reducing losses throughout the supply chain; it establishes the best way to do something; and then we repeat it, eliminating variation and waste. IWS gives more decision-making power and autonomy to those closest to the line, increasing employee engagement and allowing colleagues to benefit from ongoing development.
What is a Line Lead?
Reporting directly to the Production Manager you play a critical leadership role taking on on 24/7 responsibility for the specific area including people, plant, product and process delivery against clearly defined role outputs, with a specific responsibility for developing, managing and leading your team.
This role is a days based role with 24/7 responsibility for the area.
Key responsibilities include:
- Being part of a leadership team of three compromising Line Lead, Process Lead and Maintenance Lead
- Being a key lead in the Daily Direction Setting with a loss focused approach to the plan of the day
- Being the Daily Management System owner of key areas including Clean Inspection Lubrication (CIL), Incident Elimination, Defect Handling and Daily, Weekly and Monthly Direction Setting.
- Taking personal responsibility for health, safety and environment
- Ensuring compliance with everyday Quality processes delivering Right First Time Production
- Accepting responsibility and taking ownership of problems, seeing change as an opportunity
- Delegating, empowering and motivating people to achieve goals
- Responsibility for the motivation level of Team Members, for leading, coaching, conducting regular monitoring and appraisals. Identifying, evaluating and developing initiatives to ensure skill & competency levels are maintained
- Responsibility for recruitment of skills within your area
- 24/7 responsibility for the area including performance
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Strong Team ethic
- Coaching skills
- Positive attitude
- Personal Ownership / tenacity
- Strong People values
- Strong proven people management skills
- Experience dealing with absence, disciplinary, grievance…
- Experience in a related industry preferable
- Proven track record in delivering against production and manufacturing KPIs/SLAs
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and Six Sigma is desirable
- Experience at a supervisory/leadership level
- Flexibility for shift working patterns and extended cover shifts
- Strong communication and motivational skills
- Proven knowledge of setting team and individual objectives, KPIs and employee development
- Customer focused and able to meet internal/external requirements
This is an exciting role as the successful applicant will have the opportunity to be involved and influence, leading the area ensuring the plant and people are operating to the highest efficiency levels.